Monday, February 21, 2011

A White-Garment Minister Receives Christ

“I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.” ~ Psalm 40:1-2.

FOR nearly 50 years, Emmanuel Igweoke  was a  member of  a well-known white-garment “church” with several branches nationwide. He rose to become one of the top officials of the “church” in Abakaliki,  Ebonyi State. 

 But salvation came his way during the Watchman National Crusade in Abaka-liki, captioned, Abakaliki On The Hill. A member of  his “church” had attended the Watchman Crusade and received a startling miracle of healing at the programme.

This affected Mr. Igweoke so much that he decided to give his life to Christ. After he was saved, he received  his own startling miracle too. Today, he worships God happily at the Watchman Fellowship Centre, Abakaliki.



















































Emmanuel Igweoke




His testimony:
“I am happy to testify here today as a Watchman. I never for once nursed the idea that I would ever  come out of the white-garment ‘church’ I was attending.  I have remained  a member of this body  since the 50s. While there, I rose through the ranks to become  an ‘apostle’, and helped to set up the Onueke (Ezza LGA, Ebonyi State) branch,  and some others. But after a particular  misunderstanding, I left for the ‘Holy of Holies’  and maintained my position there.
One day, as we returned home,  after  a prayer session with other members at our head office here, and arrived at the ve-nue of the  Abakaliki On The Hill crusade, we were quick to conclude that the pro-gramme was being or-ganized by fraudsters. But one of our members, a cripple,  had attended the programme, and was miracu-lously healed. When I saw him walking about, though I was astonished and  happy for him, I still  found no compelling reason to believe I was in a wrong place, and that I should quit.
But on a certain day, as I rode on my motorcycle, and approached the Watchman Fellowship Centre,  a voice told me to enter,  even though that  was not  where I intended going. I looked back to see the person that just spoke to me, but saw no one. When I arrived the Watchman Fellowship Centre, one of the pastors interviewed me and extended an invitation to me.
Deliverance was later conduc-ted on me and I renounced all my titles and took a firm decision to start from the scratch to serve God sincerely and genuinely. Since June 2002, I have not returned to my previous ‘church’. I have equally burnt all my regalia,  and gradually,  my children also have bought the vision even though I had expressed fears about them initially.
Now, during the Civil War, I had contracted a particular sickness as a result of witchcraft attack. I had even gone  to native doctors for possible remedy but no solution came my way since that time. But since I started coming to the Watchman, I have expe-rienced the hand of God and I can convincingly say that I am now healed. I don’t know how to thank God enough! I don’t know how to describe it! I have now  overcome my enemies who were bent on taking my life!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...