Wednesday, February 9, 2011

God Ends Sixteen Years Childlessness

 
“When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing; then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them. The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.” Psalm 126:1-3.

WHEN in 1986 Blessing Sebastian went to the altar and knotted the nuptial ties with her husband, all her hope was that not long after that, she would carry her own baby. But that was not to be.  Years passed, yet no cry of babies was heard in their home. Hope was almost giving way to despair, when the couple came in contact with the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement in Owerri, Imo State, where they gave their lives to Christ and became born-again.







Blessing Sebastian, With Her Children,
Sharing Her Testimony In Owerri 


Then, God began His work in their lives. They began to believe Him for their miracle. Later, He granted them the desire of their heart, and today, Mrs. Blessing Sebastian is the mother of children. At a recent special Sunday in Owerri, before a very lively congregation of the Watchmen, she recalled how they came to the Watchman, and how God ended sixteen years of childlessness in their marriage. Hear her:  

“I have come out here today to testify of the good thing the Lord did for me. Before joining the Watchman, my husband and I were Roman Catholics. We got married in 1986, and for a long time, we waited for the blessing of the fruit of the womb, which was not forthcoming. Years past, and what we were expecting still did not come.

We visited many places like several hospitals and prayer houses, seeking solution to our problem, but none of these efforts yielded any fruit. In fact, at a time, we became totally confused.

But I must thank God who directed us to the Watchman Catholic Renewal Movement. One of my husband’s friends called us and said since we attended the Catholic church, that there were some brand of Catholics that worshipped God at Uzi Layout Primary School, that we should  visit them so they could pray for us.

One day, he came and called us, and we followed him to Uzi Primary School. When we got there, the teaching for that day’s fellowship was taken from Psalm 23 — The Lord is my Shepherd. Indeed, I had never heard that kind of teaching before. That day, God arrested us and we joined the Watchman. As we continued in fellowship with the brethren, we continued to believe God, and based on the awareness we have now received, we were confident that He would surely visit us one day.

One day, something happened while we were in fellowship that made me know that this God of Watchman was awesome. God used the minister to call my husband’s name in the course of ministration, to announce that God would surely bless him. 

 Oh, by the time this man finished the pronouncement, I said within myself: Does this man want to disgrace me in public? Does he want to let the people know that I have no child? In fact, I was perplexed and didn’t know whether to believe or not. However, I still believed God, and after a couple of years, the prophecy came to pass.

God visited me in a great way and I conceived and bare not just a child, but children. Today, my brethren, she that was called barren is now a mother of children. God did it after sixteen years.

Praise the Lord”!

============================
From Charismatic Signs No 014 (2007) 

   ======================

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...