Friday, February 25, 2011

Native Doctor Saved And Healed

“But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed” —Isaiah 53:5


MY name is Collins Amadi. I now worship at the Okoko Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement.

Four months ago, I was brought to this Movement  in a very terrible state. My health had depreciated so much that my family was considering taking me down to the village.

 I looked  so emaciated despite all the medical treatment I had received at the various hospitals I visited. In fact, at some point, some of my friends stopped visiting me because they  thought I would not survive the illness,  considering my condition.



















































Collins Amadi


Actually, the illness began in January 2003 and my wife who had been worshiping in the Watchman later brought me  to the Movement  as a last resort.

And after narrating my problem to the pastor, he ministered to me and asked me to confess my sins, which I did,  because at that time, I was a native  doctor, a  profession I hadbeen into for several years, and which I  inherited from my father.

In  addition to this, I was also deep into occultism. In fact, I had seven live snakes with which I carried out displays to entertain people to make some money. I used charms to control the  snakes and carry them about without any fear of being bitten by any of them.

“So,  about a month after I started coming to fellow-ship, a word of knowledge came concerning me that God had healed me, and prayers were made for me,  and I claimed it. Conse-quently,  I decided to go for a medical test at the Lagos University Teaching Hospi-tal (LUTH) because the previous tests had indicated malaria parasites, and that my liver had gone bad.
But  after the pastor had prayed for me, fresh tests were conducted at LUTH and there were no traces of those illnesses in me again, and my health condition began to improve.

 And so the first thing I did after I recovered from the illness was to kill all the snakes. I also brought  my occultic materials to the pastor, and after he had prayed  on them,  we set them on fire.

About a month after the burning of those things, I had an attack from the devils, and after discussing it with my pastor, he asked me to search myself very well to see if I  still had  anything that belonged to the devil.

So, I searched and found some charms which I had hidden somewhere, and had even forgotten about it. I also surrendered to the pastor all the powers I had acquired from the different occultic groups I belonged to and they were destroyed. Since then,  I have not experienced  any attacks  again.

Then, I travelled to the village and announced to everyone that I was no more into occultism. The people were really surprised because in my village, they had known me for such practices for a long time.

They knew that I had never been to Church for once since I grew up  and so, they found it really a miracle that I was now going to Church.

Praise God!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...