Monday, February 14, 2011

Liver Problem, Breast Cancer Defeated

“…Every plant which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.” — Matthew 15:13

"PRAISE the Lord! I am Elizabeth Ngozipuruiche Chukwubunwannem Chinyere Obi. I want to testify of the goodness of the Lord especially for me, my family and, in fact, the entire Watchman. 2005 was the year I would have gone but the Lord said no.

I had developed a liver problem and it was so severe that my entire body became so heavy that I wasn’t able to walk very well. I was sitting most of the time and whenever we had a programme either in Lagos here or at LOGISS,  Awo-Omamma, I would tell the Lord that I would not want people to know exactly what was happening to me, and that I wanted to be whole, to be strong.

Despite my condition, I would always come out to join others. Some people in Lagos knew that I was sick. Sometimes, some of them would ask: ‘Mummy, how are you, how is your leg?’ They had thought it was a problem in the leg. While this was going on, I started having lumps in my left breast.


















































Sis. Elizabeth Obi Testifying In Lagos


I didn’t tell my husband. All he knew was that it was somewhat heavy, and that I was experiencing some pains there. That was the beginning of cancer of the breast. I decided not to tell him because he was going through a lot of stress at that time, and I did not want to add to his burden.

It happened that sometime in October, the Watchman Fellowship, Egbe District, Lagos, had a programme with the theme: “An Encounter With The God Of Watchman”. My husband and I were invited, but because he was away in Abeokuta where the Lagos Archdiocese was also organizing a programme, I had to go with some sisters to Egbe for that special encounter with the Lord.

All the sisters I took to the programme also had their various problems, like AIDS, cancer and kidney stone; in fact, one had a sickness on her body that clearly defied classification. We went there that Sunday morning and the Servant of God, the General Overseer of the Watchman, (Pastor A.C. Ohanebo), was ministering and I was very happy. After that day’s ministrations, he asked everyone to return the following Sunday and I immediately told myself that I would be there.

While going the next Sunday, I took along with me, another set of sisters, except one from Onitsha who was afflicted with breast cancer and who had gone with me the previous week. Let’s take note that when the Lord cursed the fig tree (as recorded in Mark 11:12-14, 20-21), it had immediately dried up spiritually, but did not immediately manifest in the physical for the people to see it. That was exactly what happened in my case after that ministration by the servant of God. So, I kept praying and believing God for the full manifestation of my miracle.

In fact, at the height of the problem, my elder brother had suggested I visit a hospital at Ikeja but I declined and opted rather for another one in Surulere. But at a point, I decided that I wasn’t going anywhere again, that I would look up to God. It was because of my experience and the things that had happened to me that I gave myself the name, Chukwubunwannem (God is my relative).


Sister Elizabeth Obi With Her Husband, Pastor Boniface Obi, And Their Children,
During A Send-Forth Ceremnony Organized In Their Honour In Lagos Following Pastor
 Obi's  Appointment As The WCCRM National Pastor In Ghana



 So, I continued lifting my matter up to God, reading my Bible and attending fellowship, and believing God and His servants. So, I am happy to inform you that the Lord rolled away all those ailments at the programme in Egbe after the prayers and ministrations of the man of God. It was just November last year that I testified during one of the sisters’ meetings.

But I was looking for a forum where all Watchmen would gather so that I could share with them what the Lord had done for me. I was hoping that we were going to have the December programme at the International Conference Centre (ICC) where I had planned to give the testimony but little did I know that God had His own plans.

While the Easter retreat was holding here, I had mine in Ghana and it was not until I came back that I heard of the Empowerment Programme and so I decided to testify today though I had shared it with the servant of God on the eve of the December 2006 retreat.

But after I had shared the testimony with the servant of God, something happened. My husband was not around; he was away in Ghana with my children for the December Retreat. Then I couldn’t believe what I saw — I saw some tiny yellowish  things on the spot the cancer used to be. I was between two opinions, whether to go and rub some ointments on it or overlook it and go to bed.

What I did eventually was just to go on repeating to myself: “I know that I have testified to the man of God; I know that I have testified to the man of God”.

Later, I decided to look away from it, and went to bed. And the following morning, I discovered that the whole thing had disappeared and today, I am okay. I can once more dance, jump, stand and bend without any pains.

Praise the Lord!”
----------------------------------------------------------------
*Sister Elizabeth Obi Was The Diocesan Women Coordinator, Lagos Archdiocese, Before She Transferred To Ghana With Her Husband, Following His Appointment As The WCCRM National Pastor For Ghana.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...