Friday, February 18, 2011

Lost, Found And Blessed

 Testimony of Salvation By Peace Okezie 


GOD in His infinite mercies and compassion used various ways and means to draw Peace Okezie to Himself and enable her to renounce her old life and receive a new one from the Lord to live for and serve Him.

Before then, all the entreaties to win her to Christ had been rebuffed until a strong prayer was made by the pastor in the course of his ministration for a hammer to fall on the hearts of all the people present in church that day whose hearts had been locked against the gospel of salvation.

And when the ‘hammer fell’ as was requested, her heart was broken, and what emerged was an entirely recreated Peace, who later joyfully testified: “The experience brought a complete change in my life, to the extent that everybody who knew me started testifying to it.”







































Peace Okezie   



Now what really happened? Peace Okezie from Aguda, Surulere District in Lagos Archdiocese of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement here recounts the various demonstrations of the love of God towards her and how she eventually reciprocated them.

“I was born in a Christian family. All the members of my family were believers except me. Before our father died, he wrote to all of us saying that anybody who would want to see him again should endeavour to make heaven.

 Because I loved him, I said I would want to see him again. So, I decided to do what was required to make heaven. I kept going to church but yet remained unsaved. I was still deep in the world. When I decided to come to Lagos, I deliberately chose to go to one of our sisters who then was still an unbeliever so that I could live the way I wanted.

 “However, shortly after my arrival, my sister and her husband repented and joined the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement. They always asked me to go to fellowship with them. Not wanting to offend them, I would dress up as if I was going to fellowship only to go to be with my friends.

And when I guessed that the fellowship was about to close, I would come around the fellowship centre and then go home with them. I would pretend as if I was at the fellowship by saying something like: ‘Today’s message was wonderful indeed’.

“I was very much touched the day I dreamt about rapture. All my family members were raptured except me. My relations and friends mocked me for missing the rapture. The horror of the dream made me to decide to give my life to Christ. But the influence of friends did not allow me to stand. I continued living my usual sinful life.

 “But my life started changing after I attended one of the Monthly Combined Fellowships at the General Fellowship Centre, Aiyetoro, after Okokomaiko, along Badagry Expressway, Lagos. There, the preaching of the servant of God, the General Superintendent, touched me and my life started changing. Then one day, I came to the District Fellowship at Aguda and the pastor said that people usually returned to their sins because they never truly repented and wept because of them.

He said he was going to pray for a hammer to fall on our hearts. A little while after the statement was made and the pastor had prayed, I started crying, weeping bitterly. I continued weeping for a very long time. This experience brought a complete change in my life, to the extent that everybody who knew me started testifying to it”.

    After this glorious encounter and transformation, Peace Okezie received more blessings from God, one of which was promotion at her place of work. The promotion was a reward from God for her positive response to the things of God.

“Then our pastor told us that ceiling fans were needed at the fellowship centre”, she continued, “and I pledged to buy one. The devil tried to discourage me but I persisted and bought the fan. A week after buying the fan, the management of the company where I worked said they would promote all the workers. Later, the proposed mass promotion was cancelled. The management said that I was the only staff who would be promoted. I was promoted with a very fat salary.
Praise the Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...