Thursday, February 10, 2011

Bullet Comes Out After Nine Years!

“…Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up”  ~ Matthew 15:13

He was a victim of the lawlessness in present-day Nigerian society and reckless use of firearms by the Nigeria Police. Some problem had ensued between policemen and an unruly mob, and gunshots were fired indiscriminately. James Akor of the Ebute-Metta Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Lagos, was in a bus when this commotion was on. He was hit by one of the bullets.

Several other passengers were equally hit. They were rushed to a nearby hospital and treated. The doctors did not know that the bullet that wounded him was still lodged in his body. But thanks be to God, nine years after, the bullet was miraculously removed.  Recently, he testified to the glory of God in Ebute-Metta, Lagos:

“I WANT to testify of the healing of the Lord in my life. Some years ago, during the military regime, precisely in 1996, there was a conflict between the police (Operation Sweep) and some touts also known as area boys.





James Akor Testifying ...


On that fateful day, I had boarded a bus from my place of business, which happened to be very close to the scene of the incident. During the fracas, there was exchange of gunfire between the police and the area boys. As this went on, some of the bullets pierced through the bus and hit so many people including myself. Many of us were injured and were rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. The wounds were treated and we left. Unfortunately, no one knew that a bullet was lodged in the part of my body where I had the wound.

After some time, I began to have excruciating pains and I noticed also that pus was coming out from the spot of the wound. I was advised to go for an x-ray to determine what the problem was but I decided to wait on the Lord for my healing.

So, on that fateful Sunday in April 2005, our pastor told us that the Holy Ghost would come to church in a special way to minister unto our needs. While he was ministering diversely, the pain started as usual and I began to rub that spot on my thigh because of the itching I was experiencing.

Suddenly, I felt a hard object on my body and when I opened my eyes to see what it was, behold, a bullet was coming out from the sore. I removed it immediately and now the pains, itching and pus have all vanished away.

Praise the Lord”.



============================
From Charismatic Signs No 014 (2007) 
editors@ymail.com

============================

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...