Thursday, February 10, 2011

Seven Years Childlessness Ends With Lovely Twins

Blessed is she that believeth: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord Luke 1:45

In June 1998, Timothy and Chidinma Uchechukwu were joined in holy matrimony. Like most newly wedded couples, their expectation was that before the first anniversary of their wedding, friends and relations would again gather in their Lagos home to rejoice with them and welcome their new baby.  But this was not to be. They waited and waited.

Months passed and years followed. Yet, the cry of a baby was yet to be heard in their home. In the midst of this long waiting, as they continued to worship the Almighty God at the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Aguda, Surulere, Lagos, the Lord continued to promise them that He had them in His programme and that He would surely bless them and grant them the expectation of their heart. And now, at His appointed time, He who had promised did as He said and gave the Uchechukwus a beautiful set of twins.

So, it was a joyful Chidinma Uchechukwu that faced the lively, joyous and jubilant congregation at the Watchman Fellowship Centre, Aguda, to share the testimony of how the good Lord had visited them. Her testimony:




























Timothy And Chidinma Uchechukwu With The Lovely Babies


“I GOT married on June 13, 1998. Since then we’ve not had any baby. Yet, my husband and I  maintained a strong faith and trust in the unfailing ability of God our Father, and ceaselessly called upon Him ‘whose ways are past finding out’, to intervene in our situation.

Our pastors and the entire church also prayed for us and a lot of proclamations and prophecies came out on our behalf. In one of the Charismatic Hour fellowships in 2000, our District Pastor, Pastor Mike Iheanacho, was led by the Spirit of God to come to the Choir Stand where I was to congratulate me with a handshake, because of what the Spirit of God had revealed to him that God would do in my life and circumstance.

Also, in the course of presenting our matter to the Lord in prayer, I had a dream one night and saw myself carrying a child placed on my hands by the General Superintendent. This revelation boosted my faith greatly, and I was assured more strongly that very soon, the Lord would remove the reproach of childlessness from me.

 Again, during one of our December Retreats, the Servant of God, the General Superintendent of the Watchman, Pastor A.C. Ohanebo, while ministering on the topic “Granting Us The Miracle Of The Hour” told of a revelation that came to him while he was ministering at another location. In the revelation, he saw God’s mighty angel ringing a bell and calling on everyone to have their freedom.

He now said that this implied that all the persons that attended the programme would not go the way they had come. As the ministration progressed, he was moved by the Spirit of God to come near the Choir Stand where I was, and pointing at me, declared: “You have all this while been sorrowful and crying unto the Lord to visit you, but just wait …you will see something soon. I tell you by the word of the Lord that you just wait”. This statement caused many people to rejoice on my behalf and to congratulate me. Indeed, my faith was lifted, because, it dawned on me that very soon, God would visit me.

Later, also, a sister shared with me a revelation she had where she saw me carrying a set of twins. I was encouraged by all these, knowing full well, that God was using them to assure me that He would surely visit me.

Not long after this, I went to our GS for prayers during one of his visits to Surulere District. While he prayed for me, he exclaimed, I see a miracle, I see a miracle! I was glad to hear this, and believed the Lord our God and His servants the prophets as we were commanded in the Scriptures. As the IGMC 2004 (International Gospel Ministers’ Conference of the Hour — sponsored annually by the Watchman), drew near, while promising the Lord that I will pay a certain amount to support the programme, I also told Him to reward me by giving me the child He had promised me.







































The Twins At Four:  Glory (Left) and Victory(Right)  In July 2010



By the September of 2004, the Watchman national pastor in Liberia, Pastor Ekechukwu, called my husband and told us that while he was praying in the morning, the Lord led him to make some prayers on our behalf, and while he did that, the Lord told him that He had stepped into our matter. He said he was led by the Spirit to sing the song, “Got any rivers you think are uncrosssable…God specializes in things thought impossible…”

After sharing this with us, he prayed for us and declared that God was going to do something shortly. And we believed it.

Before this encounter, during one of our Sunday services, our District Pastor, while praying for women looking for the fruit of the womb, suddenly plucked two flowers from the flower pot on the altar and gave them to me. This was a sign to tell me that I should expect double blessing, which in this case means I was going to have a set of twins.

Indeed, not long after this, I took in. Although the wicked one fought hard to terminate the pregnancy, our God, as we all know, always has the final say, and so, by His intervention and protection, the pregnancy stayed.

 I was carrying a set of twins, and the Lord preserved the children in my womb until the appointed time of delivery when they came forth. The Lord was with me throughout the period of labour, and His hands were mighty upon me, until I came out from the labour room with my set of twins safe and sound.

I am happy today because of the Lord’s faithfulness in my life, for He has rolled away my reproach and sorrow and has made me a mother of twins, after about seven and half years of waiting. Indeed, when all hopes seemed to have been lost, God, who alone is God, did it for me. He indeed confirmed His words through the mouth of His servant, our General Superintendent, and that of his under-pastors.

 Now, I am rejoicing and praising God for what He has done for me. To God be all the glory, for the great things He has done.

Praise the Lord!”



============================
From Charismatic Signs No 014 (2007) 
editors@ymail.com

============================

2 comments:

  1. THERE IS NOTHING THE GOD OF WATCHMAN CANNOT DO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is the Lord that answereth by fire Praise by to His name Amen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...