Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Case Of Divine Restoration

“I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.”  -- Psalm 40:1-2

THE testimony of Sunday Chikadibia from Nsukka Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Move-ment, Nsukka Diocese, is  a thrilling  account of  divine restoration from a back-slidden state.

 Today, Sunday is a happy man, fully restored   to  faith, with a clear  resolve not to return to the world again. He testified recently before the Watchmen in Nsukka:  

“It happened that, some-time  ago, I stopped following the Lord. In fact, I  never believed I would ever return to the faith for  any reason.


















































Sunday Chikadibia Testifying...


I had my own plans and I knew that my situation was quite terrible and  would require the intervention of the Lord for me to be recovered. Actually, some brethren had tried severally to talk to me about coming back  to fellowship but all the talk fell on deaf ears.

 But to my greatest sur-prise,  the Lord worked it out and shattered all those my plans and today, I am back to the faith.“It all began one day when I saw the General Overseer of this Movement, Pastor A.C. Ohanebo in a dream pursuing me with so much compassion, and trying to recover me. As I  ran, he pursued me on a motor-cycle.

At a point, I diverted to a very narrow path that would be difficult for the motorcylist to follow.  Then, the motor-cyclist carrying the man of God became offended and said he would go no further. But he kept pleading with him until he accepted to continue. Now,  they  took another way and continued to pursue me.

Suddenly, I reached a particular point, and there was no other way of escape, so I turned back  and,  behold,  the servant of God was before me. Then, I asked him why he was pursuing me, instead of leaving me alone.

 He now asked me if I was done with  running and I said yes. So, he said I should come back with him to continue the way I was going. Then, the next person I saw was an angel standing  by me. He  told me  he was sent to come and tell me that it was just the mercy of God that I was still alive.

In fact,  when he said that, I realised that the devil actually planned to take  away my life prematurely because of the things that were happenning around me at that time.

But thank God that I am now delivered and back to the service of the Lord with more zeal and commitment. I no more find the work of God burden-some, and I find myself easily overcoming temptations now.

Praise the Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...