Monday, February 14, 2011

Praise, God I Am Saved!

“It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness” --Lamentations 3:22-23.

For a long time, Kelvin Onwuba was coming to church just to fulfil an obligation. He lived his life the way he deemed fit. Some of his behaviours sometimes brought tears to his mother’s eyes. She kept praying for him, believing God that he would be saved one day.

As Kelvin himself testified recently, God eventually encountered him through a very touching message he heard in fellowship one day, and he wholly surrendered his heart to the Lord, who saved, sanctified and baptized him in the Holy Ghost. Today, he is a sound child of God, serving the Lord happily at the Watchman Campus Fellowship in Enugu. His testimony: 

I want to testify of the goodness of the Lord in my life, how He granted me salvation, sanctification and Holy Ghost baptism. It happened before I left Lagos for Enugu. I was well known among the bad boys and had them as friends, some of whom are seated here today. They knew that I was going out any time I wanted, and my mother would sometimes weep because of my behaviour. She had been praying with my siblings for a drastic change in my life. Although I was attending fellowship, I was merely coming as a spectator.




















































Kelvin Onwuba: Salvation From God


I made some efforts to overcome such behaviours, but all my efforts continued to prove abortive until I began to process my admission into ESUT. Along the line, the admission did not work out again. That outcome could be said to have happened for my good, because, if I had got that admission, I was certain that a lot of unwholesome things involving me would have taken place, and I would probably have been dead by now. But because of the love of God in my life, He has allowed me to be alive even today. Even while I was in school, I carried the same mind that had been with me, so much so, that I was even having an affair with a “sister” in our fellowship. We had a date one Saturday and had planned to go out together to spend some time alone, but on that day also, God had His own plans for us, to prevent us from going contrary to His will.

On Sunday, I went to church without any idea that God was planning a great miracle for me. After the message of that day, I saw the reality of Heaven and Hell. It dawned on me that if anything had happened and I had dropped dead, I would have gone to hell. I realized that my lifestyle could only lead me to hell. Quietly, I cried. I called upon God to save my soul. I told Him that I no longer wanted to continue with the way I was living my life.

So, on that day, before I knew it, the thing happened! I received my salvation! A week later, during another ministration, I told God that I wanted to be baptized in the Holy Ghost, that I needed His power in my life to lead a victorious Christian life. I told Him that I wanted it to happen to me, just as it happened to the disciples on the day of Pentecost. Indeed, I will never forget my experience that day. I was sanctified and baptized in the Holy Ghost.

Eventually, the admission I was seeking at ESUT did not work out and by this time, by the grace of God, I had already been established in faith and God has been helping me. Even when we went for the Hill-Top Encounters, the national conference of Watchman Campus Students, I had another encounter with God. The experience was extraordinarily marvellous. I lack words to fully express how God has been using me since then to reach out to people in the campuses and, by His grace; I have been able to positively affect the lives of many people.

When the ESUT admission failed to work out, I applied to the Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Enugu. After writing the exams, I was expecting to score about 120 or even 150 marks, but I did not know that God wanted to show me that He is a miracle working God. When the results were released, behold, I scored only 80.

Initially, I was discouraged, but I had a ministration, which led me to pray for a reduction of the cut-off mark, which was initially 120, in order for me to secure the admission.  Praise God, it happened exactly that way. The cut-off mark was brought down to 80.

 I really want to thank God who has done this for me and to also use this opportunity to appeal to everyone who is yet closing his or her heart to God to realize that there is nothing in this world. If anyone has embraced Jesus, let the person remain faithful to Him, because there is nothing better than serving the Lord Jesus.
Praise the Lord!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...