Monday, February 14, 2011

HIV Victim Reclaimed!

 “…Every plant which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up” – Matthew 15:13.

When Mrs. Blessing Okafor took her ailing husband for a laboratory test, and it was discovered that he was HIV-positive, it became clear to her that a serious trouble had paid them a visit. Soon, her husband’s condition grew worse, and after sometime, he died and was buried. This increased Mrs. Okafor’s fears. She went for a HIV test and was proclaimed positive to both type I and II of the deadly virus. Then one of her brothers advised her to join the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement and she heeded the counsel and began to worship at the Central Fellowship of the Watchman, Awka Diocese.

Today, she is a happy woman as God, through the prayers of his chosen messengers, has flushed out the deadly virus from her system. And so, at a recent special combined fellowship in Awka, she stood happily before the joyful congregation of Watchmen and their visitors to declare how God had mercy on her and rescued her from the claws of death:

I am standing before you all today to testify of the good thing God has done for me and my children. I got married in the year 2000 and gave birth to my first child, a son, two years later. Then my husband took ill and after about three weeks of his sickness, our relatives came to visit us and I told them that he would be going for a laboratory test to determine the cause of his illness. Nobody knew that he was suffering from AIDS, until the laboratory test confirmed him HIV-positive. This development caused me to start running helter-skelter, for any possible solution, until he eventually died.



















































Blessing Okafor, With Her Children, Testifying In Awka



After his burial, I also went for a HIV test and the result showed that I had HIV I and II. This development confirmed my fears, deepened my sorrow and increased my weeping, because I knew that the disease I had contracted was a deadly one. My brother then advised me to join the Watchman. He said he was aware of someone who had my type of case, and who was perfectly healed by God, when he started attending the Watchman fellowship. I heeded my brother’s advice and started coming to the Watchman. 

Sometimes, I would come to the fellowship centre here to cry unto the Lord. And I would ask him: Lord, when will I come out of this problem? I continued to do this unceasingly, sometimes in the morning, at noon and even at night. There is a brother in our church here whom I confided in about my problem. He counselled me and indeed treated me like a sister despite my condition. Sometimes, I would come to the fellowship very moody. But after the fellowship, he would take notice of my state, and would come to my yard to encourage and console me.

Then after we returned from the Watchman National Crusade held at Mgbidi, Imo State, where the servant of God, the General Overseer of the Watchman, had ministered with some of his under-pastors, I was advised to go for another laboratory test, and I did. When the result came out, it showed that I now had only HIV I.

And I said, Jehovah! You have started a good work, and I know that you will perfect it. After a while, our Diocesan pastor organized a meeting for widows and at the end of it, he said whoever wished to see him could come. So I went and narrated my story to him and he counselled me. He advised me to go for a laboratory test again and that the result will determine his next line of action. He, however, prayed for me. Though the prayer was brief, I strongly believed it.

The next Monday, I came to see the Diocesan pastor again. It happened that his son had accompanied me to the hospital. I had the test and went home. Later, they called me to come and collect the result.

As I looked at it, I could not understand the contents. Then the person with me told me that the God of Watchman has done it, and that I was totally free from the killer virus.

I am now HIV-negative.

Praise the Lord!”






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...