Thursday, February 10, 2011

HIV Gloriously Flushed Out!

“Every plant which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up” – Matthew 15:13.

FOR a long time, Mrs. Cecilia Osondu  had developed interest in God and wanted so much  to serve the Lord in the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement in Owerri, but her husband would not hear of it. He successfully restrained her from gratifying the yearning of her heart. Then, her husband took ill, and when he failed to respond to treatment, a HIV test was recommended, and both husband and wife tested positive. 

Then Cecilia’s resolve was fired, and her husband could not stop her any more. She embraced God with all her heart, and God gave her back her life. Testifying recently amid cheers and jubilations during a special Sunday Service at the Diocesan Fellowship Centre of the Watchman in Owerri, she was full of gratitude to God who had rescued her from the incurable disease, which had claimed her husband’s life. She said:



Cecilia Osondu Sharing Her Testimony During A Special
 Sunday Light Fellowship At The Watchman Fellowship
 Centre, Owerri, Imo State


“INDEED, God delivered me from the very jaws of death. I would have been dead by now if not for the God of Watchman who had mercy on me and healed me. When my husband became sick, he was advised to undertake a medical test but he refused. I did not know that he knew what the problem was, but chose to keep it to himself. However, later, I was able to persuade him to let us have the laboratory test.

And when the results came out, both of us were HIV-positive. The development shattered me, but I was able to encourage and promise myself that I would not die of AIDS. Right from my childhood, I had always known that God was the God of justice. I was persuaded that there was no way He would allow me to die in such a circumstance. Before then, I had desired to serve the Lord in the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, but my husband would not hear any of it. He had sworn to drive me away if I dared go to the place. In fact, he sometimes, burnt my wrapper and rained curses on me for daring to go there.

When this development now hit us, I told myself that it was now a matter of life and death, and   so, I had to take the bull by the horns. Clearly, we were faced with certain death, so everybody had to fight for his or her life, the way he or she deemed fit. It was then I dared the odds and joined the Watchman.

At that time, the fellowship was at Uzi Layout Primary School. On the first day, when I dressed up to attend fellowship, he wanted to stop me, but I said to him: ‘Not this time again. I have always wanted to be a Watchman and you hindered me. Now look at the problem you have brought on us. I am not prepared to stay here and die of AIDS. And if you will follow me to Church, you will live too, because, I know what brought you into this situation.

Well, he did not join me in fellowship, and after some time, he died and was buried. And then people began to say: ‘Her husband is dead, how long would she live before she also dies?’ But as they said this, I said to myself that I will not die. I knew that God knew what brought me to that situation. I didn’t contract the disease through unfaithfulness, so God would not allow me to die of it. As I continued to go to fellowship, and to believe God for my healing, people would be referring to me as that woman whose husband had died of AIDS, and who would, before long, also pass on.  It continued like that.

One day, after praying, I slept and in my dream, the blood in my body was drained and replaced on three occasions. Then four tablets were given to me and I took it. I was also given a tin of milk and a bottle of malt to drink, which I also took.

After taking them, I began to sing in that dream until I woke up. It then occurred to me that my burden has been lifted. I then went to the hospital for a lab test (the same hospital where my husband and I were tested). And to the glory of God, the result showed I was HIV-negative.

The doctor was surprised, and asked me how I did it, and I told him it was God that did it. He then recommended that I should go to another hospital for confirmatory test, and when I went there, and was tested, the verdict was that I was still HIV-negative. The doctor was so astonished that he asked to know which Church I attended.

I then told him that I attended the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, and he said: this God of Watchman, He is great! He told me that since he started practicing medicine, this was the first time that someone that had been medically confirmed HIV-positive would later test negative.

He said that he believed that my God loved me and encouraged me to continue serving Him. So, I said, God has done it! So that was how God healed me of HIV, that dreaded, killer disease, and I am alive till this day.

I want you all to help me thank the God of Watchman because if not that I joined this Movement and became a child of God, I would certainly have been a dead person for a long time now.

Who would have prayed for me? Did I even know how to pray? Who would have prayed for me in the other Church I was attending for me to be delivered from this disease? So I want you all to join me and thank God who saved me from this dreaded disease.

May all glory, honour, adoration, majesty be ascribed unto Him in the name of Jesus”.



============================
From Charismatic Signs No 014 (2007) 
editors@ymail.com

============================

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...