Monday, February 21, 2011

Safe, Even In The Midst Of Wolves

“When they went from one nation to another, from one kingdom to another people; He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, He reproved kings for their sakes; Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm” ~ Psalm 105:13-15.

SHE had innocently boarded a commercial bus in Lagos. On the surface, the vehicle bore no signs of danger, but unknown to  her, it  was one of  the  operational caravans used by  wicked robbers to perpetrate havoc in the city.

 She would have lost her possessions, or worse, her life, as had happened to other people in times past. But her case was diferrent. She was a Christian, and in fact, a Watchman. And so, the robbers found themsleves restrained from doing her any harm. Rather, they gently pulled up by the road, gave her back her things, even apologised to her and sped off.

Today, Joy Obasi, beneficiary of this miracle and divine favour, is a happy lady, grateful to God for rescuing her from the very jaws of the lion.





















































Joy Obasi Sharing Her Testimony




She worships the Lord at the Egbe District of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, where she also shared this testimony during a recent combined meeting in the district.

“Sometime last month (July), I had prepared to travel to the East on a Sunday morning, and so I set out to board a bus to Maza-Maza, which serves as the central terminal for many luxury buses going to the East.

When I got to the motor park, I discovered that the buses there were very few, and after waiting for sometime, a bus pulled up on the road. The conductor was calling for passengers going to Mile 2. I looked inside and saw that some other passengers were already seated, and so I boarded it. I didn’t sense any danger as I sat down with the others.

“When the vehicle zoomed off, the person by my left said he would be alighting at the next bus stop, and so I made way for him to cross over and stay nearer to the door, while I  moved in further to take his former position.

Immediately  he sat down, he pushed me farther inside in an elaborate effort to adjust himself on the seat. This aroused my suspicion that I may have found myself in the midst of wolves.  The next thing I heard was an order:  ‘Madam, cooperate! If  you make any noise, we will kill you!’ Silently, I said: God, what am I going to do?

The man now gripped me and started removing my wrist watch. Others who had before then  pretended to be passengers began demanding to know where I kept my money, because, they had seen that I was travelling, as I had  luggages with me.

I told them that all the money  I had was  in my handbag. They asked for my handset and I said it was also in the handbag. They were just asking me too  many questions. It dawned on me that I was in real trouble.

“However, I  told  myself  that whether I talked to them or not, these people were usually heartless, and so would still kill me, if that was what they wanted to do. So, I resolved that it was better to say something to them before I died.

I then told the one holding my neck that he was hurting me, that I was a Christian and a child of God and that he should release his grip on me and not  touch me again. After I had said this, the driver, who was all along observing the incident through his  nner mirror, spoke to them in a language I did not understand, and the man released his grip of me, while the driver also stopped the vehicle.

The conductor then opened the door and asked me to get down. I tried to be friendly because of similar stories I had heard of how people had lost their lives in such circumstances.

“Then they were saying to me: ‘Madam, cool down’. ‘We are very sorry’, and all that. When I eventually got down from the vehicle, one of them said: ‘Madam, this is your handbag, your handset and your money is still in there’.

They handed back to me everything they had collected from me, and even apologised  for their action, before they sped off.

“It was like a dream and I felt I was seeing the face of  that God that had saved and delivered me from this horrible experience.

My joy was overwhelming as I started singing His praise and glorifying His name”.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...