Friday, February 25, 2011

Strange HIV Flushed Out

Every plant which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up - Matthew 15:13

Chris Chukwudi Idamunya is the pastor of the Ikotun Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Lagos. Pastor Idamunya gave his life to Christ as a youth, and has since then maintained a sound Christian testimony in the Watchman.

There was also no time he had had cause to receive blood at a hospital since he has always been a healthy young man. But as he commenced the process of getting married some years ago, and had to subject himself to a series of medical tests, it was discovered at both the initial and confirmatory stages of the tests that he was HIV-positive.

He was shocked, and could not understand what could have brought about such a situation. But when he collaborated with a fellow pastor to undertake a prayer programme, God flushed out the virus from his system, and every test carried out on him afterwards proved him HIV-negative.







































Pastor Chris Idamunya Testifying



He has also since been married and blessed with three lively children. Recently, before multitudes of jubilant Watchmen and their visitors during a combined Sunday meeting at the Watchman Fellowship Centre, Aguda Surulere, Pastor Idamunya shared his testimony which drew loud ovations, cheers, clapping and songs of joy from the people:

SOME years ago, when I wanted to get married and approached the Church Marriage Committee with my testimony, I was asked to undertake the mandatory medical tests which usually preceded the process, which I did. But after waiting for some time, it occurred to me that there was an unusual delay by the Marriage Committee in my own case. I began to wonder if there were any problems.

 However, later, they invited me and told me that I would not be able to go ahead with the marriage programme because there was problem. My medical test result, they said, showed I was HIV-positive. When I heard that I just laughed, because it sounded so funny to me. Now, by that time, I had been a Christian for 14 years in the Watchman. I was a young man when I gave my life to Christ and even before then I had led a moral life. How then did the virus enter me? Has it become one of the water or air-borne diseases again or what?

Now, I was not the sickly type and had never undertaken any blood transfusion nor gone into immorality. The question therefore was, how come? Well, not totally convinced, I went to the World Health Organisation (WHO) medical laboratory at Yaba, and again, the result was positive.

After sometime, my District Pastor and some other pastors from the District met with me and we prayed. Something also happened along the line. A pastor friend of mine called me one day and said: 'Look, I woke up this morning troubled about you, what is the problem? Won't you get married?'

Meanwhile, that day, too, my elder sister had arrived from Port Harcourt to ask me what I was waiting for in respect of marriage. I had to tell her to not bother to talk about it again because it was a forgotten issue. Now, this same pastor friend of mine told me he had been praying for me and had been bothered.

 I then told him I could not get married because I was HIV- positive. He replied that if that was the case we would pray and God would do something. I said, Okay. I had scheduled to commence a fasting and prayer programme the next day (Friday) and so I asked him whether he could join me in the exercise. He agreed and we began the fasting and prayers.

On the sixth day of the prayer and fasting exercise, the Lord said to me: 'Your warfare is accomplished; wait for Me and I will endue you with power and might!' And I believed that word from the Lord. After some time, I went back to the WHO lab for another test and the result came out negative!

Then, later, I returned to the Marriage Committee and was asked to go for another test. I went confidently, and presented myself for the tests, because I knew that God had taken care of the problem. I entertained no fear. Well, as expected, the result also proved I was HIV-negative, but the lab people were probably not convinced, so they asked me to report back on a particular date and I did.

In fact, when I got there, the attendants were saying, 'Ah! He is that man's brother!" They were sort of arguing and I heard them. I then told them that I was the very person they were talking about and they were surprised.

 Now, when they went through the test    results, they found out too that my blood group was now A+ but what I had always known which they were also aware of was that my blood group was O+.  Of course, we know that there is no way someone's blood group can just suddenly change. Whatever blood group one was born with, one remained with it till death.

But I can explain what happened spiritually. My blood group was formerly O+, but in the course of God's miraculous intervention, He changed it; let me say what I think God did.

While I slept, one night, He removed all the blood in my system and replaced it with an entirely new one, and in the process, I moved from O+ to A+.

Well, I have since been married, and by the grace of God, we are blessed with three children. Hallelujah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...