Monday, February 21, 2011

At Last, The Miracle Baby Arrives!

“For with God nothing shall be impossible” ~ Luke 1:37

THE crowd was large, and the day was Sunday at the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement Diocesan Fellowship Centre, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.

 It was the final day of a very successful programme. As the testimonies were shared, the crowd yelled with excitement. When it was their  turn to give their own testimony, Emma Onwe, a Watchman District pastor,  and his wife ascended the rostrum with their lovely baby  to tell the crowd how God had visited them with a great miracle.

A complication arising from an improperly handled surgery had foreclosed the possibility of the couple having another child unless  a corrective surgery was carried out. But when prayers were made, medical predictions had to give way to divine intervention. Both husband and wife took their turns to speak on this very important day in their lives. First, Emma Onwe:   

























Emma Onwe (Right) And His Wife During The Dedication
Of The Baby In Abakaliki By Pastor Mike Iheanacho (Middle)


“I got married in 1995,  and as would be expected, we were hoping for the fruit of the womb,  which didn’t come until after about three years, when we had our first child. However, the baby died later.

Our second child was delivered through Caesarean Section (CS)  in 1999. Now,  after about four years,  and another conception could not take place,  we were worried and  started searching for the cause of the problem. That was when it was discovered that during the last surgery, there was an accident, in which the  fallopian tube was said to have been sutured with the uterus.

This then meant  that for my wife to conceive  again, a corrective surgery must be performed to rectify the anomaly.

“Meanwhile, our Diocesan Pastor had organised a number of  programmes for  those seeking  the fruit of the womb, and we were very regular at those meetings. We  waited patiently for the intervention of the Lord. Not quite long after, my wife was feeling unwell and I advised her to go to the hospital.

Before then, there had been series of revelations from our brethren here in which  they saw my wife  pregnant. Now, at the hospital, before they commenced treatment, they made her undertake a  pregnancy test, and when the result came out, it read positive. Every other person who knew about her case expressed surprise.

Some  just took on a ‘let’s wait and see’ attitude. In no time, her belly began to protrude, and an ultra-sound examination confirmed that a baby boy was comfortably positioned in her womb.

The long and short of it is that she eventually gave birth to  a bouncing baby boy on March 25, 2005. Today, we are happy, and we are here to declare  what the Lord has done for us. Indeed, He has done what no man could do, and  proved that He is truly the God of signs and wonders!

On the day of delivery, I was there  and witnessed the child come out of the womb. I went into the delivery room with her. In fact, that night, I continued praying until the child was born. We thank God today for blessing us with another child.”


Sister Onwe Completes The Story: 

“Praise the Lord! I want to thank the Lord who made me to deliver safely. In fact, all that my husband has said are  true. There are even other things that happened  which he omitted. Let me say one or two of  those things.

The first one is that even though I was wishing to conceive again, I knew I had a problem after I was delivered of our last baby. But I was counselled not to tell my husband. What he said about the fallopian tube and the uterus was true but I didn’t get to know   about it until 2003. Any time our Diocesan Pastor announced  that  those looking for the fruit of the womb should come,  I  would not want to go because I knew I had a problem.

There was no faith in me that God could indeed correct the error  without my going for an operation. In fact, I  was preparing to go for the operation,  when the Lord intervened and perfected everything.

There was no operation again, and that proved to me that a miracle had taken place.  The operation was booked for June last year,  so I went to see my mother, who has a medical background,  because I was feeling sick, so she  could recommend the tests I should go for. I arrived Enugu at about 11p.m and I explained my problem to her.

 She then asked me to go and sleep,  that by 12, she would call me up and tell me what to do. So by 12, she called me  and asked me to go for pregnancy test, even though  she doubted  the possibility of conception given the problem I had, which she was aware of.

After my last baby, I couldn’t menstruate for about a  year. I had to go to one of our brothers here, and after he had prayed for me, I began to menstruate exactly as he told me I would. 

While I was getting ready to go for the test that morning, my mother left me to go to  work. She works in a hospital. But as soon as she left, I packed my things and returned to Abakaliki.

I was scared of going for the test, as I did not want the outcome to break my heart, and make me to cry again. But when I returned, I had a very strong persuasion to go for the pregnancy test.

So, I went to a lab, and stayed there until the result came out. When the lab attendant came out and said to me: ‘Congra-tulations, Madam, you are pregnant,’  I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Though I gave the result to my husband when I got back to the house, I still nursed some doubts in my mind.

I was wondering how I could conceive since I was yet to go for the operation! Three days later, I went to another laboratory and did the same test and it was yet again confirmed that I was pregnant. I now came back and believed God. As the pregnancy reached  about seven months, I had high blood pressure which I had in the previous one which led to my going for a Caesarian Section (CS).

But one Sunday, while our Diocesan Pastor was ministering, he said by the Spirit of God that someone was there who had  high blood pressure, that after three days, the person should  go for check-up, and that he or she  won’t see it again. I claimed it and,  after three days, I went for check-up and my blood pres-sure just came down to 110/60 which was very normal. I came back and told our pastor. 

 Despite everything  people were saying, my husband kept on believing the Lord the more. Myself, I had little faith. But after the  lab results had confirmed I was really pregnant, I began to have faith that there was nothing the Lord could not do. And today, you can see my baby strong and bouncing.

 I thank God for everything. Even till now, He has been the One that has been sustaining us. I thank Him in Jesus’ Name.”   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...