Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Delivered From Ghastly Accident

Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?  Lamentations 3:37.

Among the several unsuccessful distractions designed by the devil against the highly successful and well-attended International Gospel Ministers’ Conference of the Hour (IGMC) 2006, was the failed attempt to take, through a terrible motor accident, the life of Chinwe Ohanebo, the first daughter of the General Overseer of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Pastor A.C. Ohanebo.
While trying to cross a road in Aberdeen, Scotland, on her way home from work, at about 8pm, Chinwe was hit by a speeding heavy-duty truck, and she fell on the middle of the road. Those who witnessed the accident thought she was either dead or badly battered, with multiple fractures. The fender of the truck was seriously dented after hitting her. But, to the utter shock of doctors and everyone around, after proper medical examinations, it was discovered that she sustained no internal injuries or broken bones.







































Chinwe Ohanebo Sharing Her Testimony During A Joint Sunday Light
Fellowship In Aguda, Surulere, Lagos


Today, she can walk by herself to the glory of God and shame of the devil. At a recent combined fellowship at the Watchman Fellowship Centre, Surulere District, Lagos, Chinwe testified before the happy and cheering mammoth crowd of Watchmen, who joined their voices with hers to thank God for delivering her, and frustrating the plans of the devil to take her life. Her testimony:

“PRAISE the Lord! I am Chinwe Ohanebo. I want to testify about how God delivered me from a terrible motor accident. The vehicle concerned was a big truck. Last summer, I took up a job in Scotland. One of the evenings, I closed work at 8.00pm, came out of the hospital where I worked, and was on my way home.  I was standing on the left side of the road, but the bus I was to follow was on the other side, and so I had to cross over to board the bus. 

 I looked behind the bus at the left side and there was no vehicle coming. Moreover, the traffic light had indicated red, which meant that all cars coming from that side would have to stop. Then I made an attempt to cross, and suddenly, I felt my head shift by a great force. At that instant, I saw myself up in the air and then down on the floor. I actually fell on the middle of the road. The road was undergoing repairs.

They had put stones and gravels. I lost consciousness as I fell but a few seconds later I regained consciousness. I noticed that my clothes had flung open, and that I was somewhat exposed. I tried to readjust my dress to cover myself again, but I couldn’t move myself.

The first miracle I witnessed in this accident was that immediately it happened, the First Aider suddenly arrived. One of the sisters in the Watchman Fellowship in Aberdeen (Scotland) who worked at the same place with me was there at that time. When it became clear to me that I had become conscious was when I opened my eyes and could hear her shouting my name and the God of my Dad. Then the First Aider tried to see if my legs were broken, but it wasn’t. He put my head on his lap and they tried to call the ambulance. The police, too, was called.

As soon as the incident happened, all my veins collapsed and I started swelling. So they cut through my dress to get to the veins but they couldn’t. They put me in the ambulance and later put me on  oxygen. I was in serious pains. I thought all my bones were broken. I could feel it, so when I got to the hospital, they took me to the resuscitation centre and started finding the veins. Finally, they found one and put me on a drip. My blood pressure rose very high and my pulse rose as well.

 The normal thing should’ve been 60+ but mine was 172 which was quite very high, and suggested possibility of brain haemorrhage. I was taken to the lab for x-rays. They x-rayed my head, neck, leg and pelvis. In fact, the way it  happened, there was no way I couldn’t have broken some bones, because it was obvious.








































Chinwe Ohanebo: Alive And Well, Praise God!

The doctors had suspected my pelvis was broken. Where I worked at the hospital, I had been treating people with broken pelvis, and so, I was trying to imagine how I was going to take it if eventually it was confirmed that it had happened to me. Well, my pelvis was intact, not harmed. At that time, I was praying and asking God to have mercy on me because of His servant. More especially because this is August, the same month Mummy had died a couple of years ago. So, I continued saying this to God and seriously crying. I was hoping that I wouldn’t have a broken bone.
When they took me for the x-ray, it was amazing! There was no broken bone. So all they found was a fracture of the lumbar spine and that’s just a crack that will heal on its own. That’s the reason for my limping but it’s going to go soon. Indeed, when this happened, I couldn’t move, I was carried. The whole muscle stiffened and I was having spasms continuously.

 They put me on Morphine to deaden the lower part of my body so I would not feel the pains because it was really excruciating. I was lying straight. That Morphine, if taken continuously, could affect the brain. One of the sisters who was taking care of me said I wasn’t going to stay in the hospital on the third day because they were going to give me that again. So they took me and began to take care of me.

I couldn’t take it any more. I was down emotionally and psychologically because I couldn’t accept the fact that I was completely independent a while ago, and all of a sudden, I had become dependent. I couldn’t even stretch my hands to do the slightest thing.
When this accident happened, they didn’t want to tell my Dad. They ordered everybody not to tell my Dad because it was really going to be a big blow on him. My Dad was about to travel for a conference and I had to tell him myself, when I was able to do so, and that reduced the effect. I knew he got the shock but I prayed before I told him. I told God to help him to be able to take it and know exactly what happened. He started calling me from where he travelled to and was praying for me on the phone. Each time he prayed, I felt relieved.
My face was swollen. I had bruises on my legs, lots of them, and on my hands. My thumbs couldn’t bend then but if you look at them now, there are no bruises except the little scar. That was another miracle I got. I was also bleeding seriously on my nose. I lost a lot of blood. In fact, they had to place me on drugs but you can only see the scar on my nose now. And except you look very closely, you won’t notice I had it, but I have pictures to show that every-where here was open. Praise God!
In fact, the truck that hit me, its light on the left got broken, and the place that hit me (fender) was dented. You know when you hit some-thing and it squeezes inside, that’s what happened to that lorry. It had to be repaired but the person it hit is alive! This is one of the miracles the doctors couldn’t believe happened!
When I was admitted now into the hospital ward, I had blood in my urine so the surgeon said I had to go for an operation because they thought my bowel might have been damaged or the kidney was ruptured. But I resolved not to take that. When the pastor and the brethren came and I told them about it, they decreed as Watchmen that that can’t be. They decreed that day that before morning  (because the doctors were going to watch the urine samples in the morning) blood would vanish from my urine. It happened exactly like that.
When I got home, I couldn’t stand on my feet, and I was being helped to walk. It was quite discouraging to me but I kept on believing God. Initially, I didn’t believe I will be able to walk properly again like I used to walk. But my Dad kept telling me that I would walk. He told me I was a different person, that my case was different, because I was his child, and so, I would be okay. I believed his word whole-heartedly.

That was where my miracle started happening and I started believing God and speaking to Him inside of me.
When I was to return to Nigeria, the doctors refused to sign me off. They were of the opinion that I was not fit to travel. But I insisted I was okay, and fit to travel. Moreover, I had already booked the flight and  was going to lose the money if I didn’t travel again. I was comforted by the fact that I would be travelling with my Dad, whom I would be meeting in Paris. I knew that with him around, there won’t be any problems.

So I am happy to be here today and to testify that God has delivered me from the wicked plans of the enemy and that I am okay. All the x-rays confirmed that I had no broken bones.
Praise the Lord”.



============================
From Charismatic Signs No 014 (2007) 
editors@ymail.com

============================

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...