Monday, February 21, 2011

Twelve Years Childless Marriage Blessed

“When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, the Lord hath done great things for them”. ~ Psalm 126:1-2.

MY name is Francis Chilaka and I worship at Bariga Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Move-ment, Lagos Arch-diocese. I want to testify of God’s goodness towards  us  and  thank Him for answering our  prayers, and visiting us during the International Gospel Ministers’ Conference (IGMC) of the Hour of last year, 2004.

“After our wedding in 1993, my wife and I never imagined that  we would have to  wait for so long before the arrival of babies in  the family. But when it became apparent that  there was going to be some delay, we did all we could as human beings, by visiting  various hospitals where several tests were conducted.























Francis Chilaka With His Wife And Baby Sharing The
Testimony


When nothing came out of all these efforts, we decided to commit everything in the hands of God,  believing that at the appropriate time,  He will visit us.

“When we were preparing for last year’s IGMC (International Gospel Ministers Conference of the Hour—sponsored annually by the Watchman), one of our pastors, while ministering one day, challenged us to give bountifully unto God to support the programme, assuring us that God will in turn surprise us.

This spurred the congregation into making various pledges, and equally stating what they would want the Lord to do for them. I was not left out in this exercise. Meanwhile, I had received a message from the village that my mother was down with partial stroke, and so I asked God to heal my mother and bless my marriage with children.

“By the grace of God, I was able to redeem my pledge. And by the time I travelled home to see my mother, I met her  hale and hearty. There was no trace of any sickness  on her again. I thought this was some sort of  joke, but when I looked closely at her, and asked what had happened, I discovered that she got healed the very day I paid my pledge in Lagos here. That was miracle number one.

The second followed almost immediately. While I was in the village, my case was mentioned during one of the fellowship days and the pastors prayed for my wife, pronouncing blessings upon her and declaring that God’s visitation upon her in the area of  the fruit of the womb was about to take place.

During the IGMC programme proper, I keyed into a word of knowledge that came concerning one of the pastors and I went ahead to do what he was asked to do in order to be blessed. I went on to believe God for His visitation. Shortly after that, my wife took in and it was like a dream. However, the pregnancy period was not without some problems,  but I thank God for taking control in everything.

When she was due for delivery, the doctor said it was going to be by Cesarean Section (CS),  and I hadn’t the money they were requesting me to pay, so we ended up at a General Hospital.

 I thank God for my pastors and all the brethren for their concern. They never ceased praying for my wife  until she finally put to bed normally without going through an operation. It was jubilation galore among the brethren when this happened.

We so much praised the Almighty God and the Watchmen pastors showed the stuff  they were made of at the hospital.

 It was such that the doctor had to ask  the name of the  church we attended and requested that we pray for other expectant mothers in the hospital.

It was indeed an exciting moment as the nurses prayed for the baby declaring blessings upon her and attesting to the fact that God is great and His ways are beyond human comprehension.

Praise the Lord!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...