Thursday, February 10, 2011

God Blesses A Family For Supporting The IGMC

“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths” —  Proverbs3: 5-6.

It took him awhile to believe in the essence of the International Gospel Ministers’ Conference of the Hour (IGMC), sponsored annually by the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement. But when he did, and committed zeal and resources to support it, God surprised him with a lot of blessings.

It was, therefore, a happy and grateful Chigozie Nwaiwu, a pastor in Owerri Diocese, that came to the rostrum with his children and heavily pregnant waife, to share the testimony of the goodness of God towards them amid cheers and jubilations from Watchmen and their visitors during a special Sunday Light Service held at the Diocesan Fellowship Centre, Owerri, recently. Charismatic Signs was there, here is what Pastor Chigozie shared:


Chinedu Nwaiwu, With His Wife And Children, As He
Shared The Testimony In Owerri

“MY family and I are here to testify of the goodness of the Lord towards us, especially, through the instrument of the International Gospel Ministers’ Conference of the Hour (IGMC).

Before the IGMC commenced, something happened. The devil fought against my family and I. Things were not as they should be, but I thank God, for what He has done now. I was not at IGMC 2001, but the brother that resides with me attended. When he returned, he shared the testimonies of the miraculous things that God did at the programme.

You, see, I am one of the Watchman ministers who do not joke with any pronouncement from the servant of God, the Watchman General Superintedent (GS); I have always remained loyal to him, but, somehow, when the IGMC came on board, it was not too easy for me to swallow it. I was thinking of how millions of naira could be deployed to take care of other people while the Watchman had many needs like the so many fellowship centres that needed to be built or put in order.

But when our Diocesan Pastor (Pastor Emmanuel Odinukwe) returned and testified of the miracles that had happened during the programme, and the message of the Lord to us through the IGMC, how God will put food on the tables of the members of this Movement for believing in, supporting and sponsoring IGMC, I repented immediately and asked God to forgive me for my foolish opinion.

I then resolved that from that day, that I will support the IGMC whether I was permitted to attend or not. Also, my brother had brought a handkerchief which he said the General Overseer had prayed on.

According to him, the man of God had declared that all matters and circumstances that had proved difficult would change when prayerfully touched with the handkerchief. He said that when this declaration was being made, he had remembered my wife and I and some other brethren. By this time, my wife and I had lived together as husband and wife for several years without having the fruit of the womb. As he said that, I called my wife, and we knelt down and prayed with the handkerchief there.

After that God began to bless us. This is my child here (touching the kid) came after IGMC 2002; this other one came after IGMC 2003. As we were going for IGMC again, my wife informed me she had taken in, and wanted to know from me if she would still attend? I told her that she would go, because whatever God had ordained to do, He will do. So, she went there. She even did a lot of work. In fact, as we were returning, it was night, and the brother driving entered a pothole and she shouted, but we consoled ourselves saying, let the will of God be done. It was clear that nothing had happened, because, the pregnancy progressed until she delivered this little boy here!

As we were preparing for IGMC 2005, it now dawned on us that God usually blessed us with a child each time we attended the IGMC, so we asked the Lord to bless us once again. So, my brethren, this child you are seeing now is the one for IGMC 2005. All these are blessings that accrued from the IGMC! Praise the Lord.

It is not all. I have accepted it and believed it, that no matter what it costs, the benefits derivable from IGMC is much more than the cost. Just like I said earlier, things were difficult for me. Initially, I had two shops that were doing fine.

I decided to further my education, and was away most of the time, but by the time I returned fully, the person managing the shops for me, had run everything down. I had to start afresh. The shops were empty and people sympathized with me. But after I became involved with IGMC, God prospered me so much that all those in my line of business now are praying to be like me.

Not only that, as we went to IGMC 2002, our GS asked us to write down our requests and I remembered that just as I was married without children, my younger brother was also facing the same fate. I presented them before the Lord and today, they have a child.  Also, two of my younger brothers have travelled abroad, without my having to sell any property or borrow.

Again, my mother had been very sick and the treatment had cost me a lot of money. Because I lost my father at a very tender age, I was determined to keep my mother alive no matter what it costs me. And I went to the Lord in prayer, reminding Him that I always paid my tithe and supported the IGMC.

I asked Him  to fight for me and heal my mother.  I am here to thank God today that it was the time my little boy was born two years ago, May 7th, that  God did this work. The sickness has been knocked off.  

Praise the Lord.”



============================
From Charismatic Signs No 014 (2007) 

editors@ymail.com

============================

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...