Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sixteen Years Marriage Blessed

“When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, the Lord hath done great things for them. The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad” Psalms 126: 1-3

Early in January (2009), Charismatic Signs was in the South East, and that provided a pleasant opportunity for the magazine to race down to the industrial town of Nnewi, Anambra State, to not only see but touch a very lovely baby, Elijah, Miracle, Chukwuebuka, Onyekachukwu, born some months earlier to a couple, Chibueze and Franca Nwagbo, after sixteen years of marriage.

Chibueze, had earlier shared the testimony of the arrival of his baby at the Watchman Fellowship Centre, Aguda, Surulere, Lagos, which drew tremendous applause from the congregation, and so, the opportunity to see this miracle child was not one Charismatic Signs would miss.

It also afforded the magazine the opportunity to sit with the happy couple in a very relaxed atmosphere to get a more detailed account of what God did, which has gladdened many hearts wherever it was shared, and caused people to praise and exalt the name of God. The testimony, this time, was shared by the happy mother while her husband came in intermittently to fill in some details she left out.


Chibueze And Franca Nwagbo During The Dedication Of Their Child At The
Watchman Fellowship Centre, Umuaka, Orlu Diocese


Read now what Charismatic Signs was told in Nnewi.

OUR wedding took place on May 15, 1993. When it looked like my conception was being delayed, I prayed to the Lord, reminding Him how I had served Him faithfully and holily. After this, I had a revelation in which someone came and told me that God had taken note of all my service to Him, and advised me to read Hebrews 6:14-18.

When I woke up and shared the revelation with my husband, we read the scripture verses together, and were encouraged by it. That was on November 8, 1993, a few months after our wedding. We lived in Ibadan for eight years during which we went to several hospitals; I underwent several medical examinations, and several medical solutions were applied, but nothing came out of any of them.

 I took in several times, but lost the pregnancies. Sometimes, it would last up to two months, before the miscarriage would occur. Once, it happened that I was pregnant, but without any signs of miscarriage, we just noticed that the thing had vanished. And this happened after sustained spiritual attacks. 

 At some point, suggestions were made to us to visit some places to search for solution, but we vehemently rejected it.  In fact, the Spirit of God made it clear to me that if I strayed from the way, my own chapter was closed.  That was in 2006.
So, I resolved that even if I did not eventually give birth to a

ny child, I will continue to serve God forever. Prayers continued to go up on our behalf, during fellowships and special programmes. Sometimes, some revelations would come directly, referring to my circumstance, and I would claim it. During 2006, my husband was in Onitsha for a special programme entitled, “The Man Is Coming With A Pot Of Honey,” where the man of God, the General Overseer, ministered.

The man of God had called out people believing God for the fruit of the womb to come out for special prayers. As my husband made to move to the podium, several other people rushed out before him, and occupied vantage positions.

 But although, he stood a bit far from the podium, he took in the prayers with every attentiveness and faith. In fact, he returned believing firmly that God would honour the prayers of His servant. That was the beginning of our miracle.

To confirm that God has started the good work, in December 2007, we had a three-day vigil, and in the course of ministrations, there was a definite declaration that between 2007 and 2008, I will take in. That same December, I attended an annual end-of-year programme of the Watchman Fellowship Centre, Umuaka, Orlu Diocese, captioned “Covenant Day.”

 It was at this Umuaka fellowship that I started my Christian race before I got married and had to relocate to join my husband. At that programme, I prayed like Hannah in the Bible, promising God that if He would give me a man-child, that I will give him back to Him, and that I will return to the next year edition of the programme to testify and praise His name. I wrote a prayer requesting  two things from God: a baby and a job.

After the programme, I had a dream where I bled profusely. This type of dream usually preceded a miscarriage as was the case in the past, but I woke up and was not moved. I rather extol-led the power of God over all demons and powers of dark-ness. Then, that January, I took in.

This happened the period in the month that such a thing was most unlikely to happen to me, but I know that God’s miracles are not dependent on the condition of the body. Throughout the pregnancy I was very strong.

Even when I was involved in an okada (commercial motorcycle) accident nothing happened to my baby. At the sixth month of the pregnancy, there were so many attacks and threats, but God kept my baby, to prove that He is the One that put him in the womb. 

 Despite all the attacks of the devil, the baby was safely delivered, and today, We are happy parents of a lovely son.

 Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...