Thursday, March 3, 2011

God Halts Eleven Years Childlessness

“And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar…”— Joel 2:25.

MY name is Chigozie Akumka. I worship at the Shomolu Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Lagos.

 I am standing before the congregation of the children of God today to show my appreciation to the Lord for His faithfulness, love and mercy towards me by blessing my family with this baby after eleven years of marriage.

We got married on October 25, 1997. After about two years into our marriage and there was no conception, we went to the hospital where it was discovered that I had an infection. I was treated, and, thereafter, I took in and my joy knew no bounds. But my joy and expectations were cut short by the terrible experience that followed.



















































Chigozie Akumka Testifying



 I started bleeding uncontrollably after some months, and unfortunately, had a miscarriage. I lost the baby. This unfortunate incident was traced to the girl who was living with me and who as we discovered later was an agent of the devil.

I had sent her to the market one of the days to buy some vegetables which she used in preparing our meal and no sooner I finished the meal than the bleeding started. She confessed to have invoked some incantations over the vegetables which resulted in the bleeding.

Also, in 2001 and 2004, I equally took in but because the enemy was not happy, and was waging war against me, they all went the same way. Within that period, we visited several hospitals seeking solutions, but the problem persisted.

What we found most astonishing was that each time we went for medical examination, they would always tell me that the infection was very grave. We spent several thousands of naira on treatments but all to no avail.

We went to some of our pastors for prayers and deliverance and there were prophecies here and there, all containing assurances that God would grant me my heart’s desire. My hope was rekindled and I believed the Lord. Sometime in 2007, I decided to look away from the problem and focus my attention and hope on God knowing full well that He is the only One that can bring the expected blessing.

That was the turning point because not long after I took that decision, I became pregnant. But I entertained fears initially because of past experiences. I then disclosed the development to my pastors who counseled me and promised to pray along with me.

While I was praying one early morning, the Lord spoke expressly to me that if He does not guard the city, the watchmen watch in vain. At another time, I found myself singing the song: “Be Not Dismayed Whatever Betide, God Will Take Care Of You…” and “Got Any Rivers You Think Are Uncrossable…”  This made me to realize that the hand of the Lord was upon me and the fear of losing the pregnancy this time disappeared completely.

The enemy, not wanting to give up, devised some other means to trouble me. He came by way of some terrible and fearful dreams. At such times, I will suddenly wake up from sleep in fear but would immediately take my Bible to read and to pray before going back to sleep.

 One day, I had a revelation in which I saw the General Choirmaster in an open place and some of the choristers were going to him for counseling. I happened to be the last person he attended to and I told him that I wouldn’t want to lose the pregnancy this time.

He stood up from his chair and placed his hand on my tummy and declared that he had sealed the pregnancy with the blood of Jesus. When I woke up from sleep, I was very happy because I was sure that God had shown Himself strong and faithful by putting to an end those fearful dreams.

By God’s grace, the pregnancy went through its normal course till it was time for delivery. I then went to the hospital and gave birth to this bouncing baby boy named Victor Ifeanyichukwu Akumka.

Praise the Lord!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...