Thursday, March 3, 2011

God Blesses Couple After Ten Years

“O give thanks unto the Lord; for He is good: for His mercy endureth for ever” – Psalm 136:1

PRAISE the Lord! My names are Augustine Ugochukwu. I worship at the Shomolu Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Lagos.

My testimony is about how God in His infinite mercy broke the yoke of barrenness in my family after ten years of marriage.

My wife and I got married in November 1999, and have lived happily since then. We had hoped that she would conceive some months after our wedding, but that did not happen. Then, the first year came and crawled away, but the story remained the same; the same situation persisted into the second, third, fourth and the other years.

 We were compelled to seek medical solution to the problem, so we went to several hospitals. We were given drugs, underwent some tests and all that, but still, no sign of conception was witnessed.



Augustine Ugochukwu With His Wife And Child


 Some members of other church denominations suggested we visit their pastors for prayers, but we told them that we were content with the prayers being made in the Watchman, and that our God whom we believed in would surely answer us.

We also got some other suggestions from concerned friends and relatives. While I deeply appreciated their concern, I, nevertheless, reiterated that I had an unwavering faith in God, and that at the appropriate time, God would answer us.

My pastors ministered to us variously and encouraged us to continue to look up to God and trust only in Him. On our part we never ceased to pray in that direction, reminding God how He remembered Hannah, Sarah and Elizabeth in their own days and gave them children.

Our point of argument always was that if those around us were getting pregnant and giving birth to children, ours would not be an exception, though it might tarry. We were even mocked in some quarters, especially, any time I prayed for somebody with some need.

We were constantly reminded of the need for the physician to first heal himself. At a point I told my wife not to bother her mind that our focus should be to go on serving the Lord faithfully so that at the end, we would make heaven.

However, some time in July last year, the Servant of God, the General Overseer, Pastor A.C. Ohanebo, by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, announced a programme in which he invited as many as were looking for the fruit of the womb and those with diverse kinds of ailments to assemble at the Watchman Fellowship Centre, Aguda, Surulere in Lagos here.

When I heard it, I told my wife that that was the first time such a thing was happening in the Watchman, so we should take advantage of it. We fasted and prayed to prepare ourselves for the programme.
Brethren, by August the following month, I noticed a change in my wife and it was like a dream to us. Can this really be true?, we kept asking ourselves.

Well, we kept our fingers crossed and gradually her tummy was protruding until she gave birth to this handsome boy to prove that what I had noticed at that time was indeed real.

The Immirimious God of the Watchman has done it for us and He will do it also for others looking up to Him for this kind of miracle in Jesus’ Name. Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...