Thursday, March 3, 2011

Armed Robber Humbled By The God Of Watchman

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord Isaiah 54: 17

MY brethren, my name is Sarah Madunagu from Aiyetoro Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Lagos. I want to testify to the glory of God how my family was delivered from the hand of an armed robber when we were coming to the Watchman Fellowship Centre, Aguda, Surulere, for the Empowerment Programme.

Usually whenever we had a meeting of this kind, we would take off from our home in Aiyetoro very early in order to get to the venue on time, and most of the time, we were usually among the first to arrive.

 But today, I decided to cook for my little baby before setting out because he would always disturb me during the service wanting to buy one thing or the other. The cooking took much of our time and so we left the house some few minutes to 7.00am.





While we were coming, my husband complained that I was the cause of the delay and blamed me for occupying my mind with such things as the one that delayed us this morning.

When we got to Mile 2, we veered into the lane leading to Ijesha and somewhere along the road, we noticed that the vehicle was jerking. My husband managed to park the vehicle by the side of the road, opened the bonnet and rectified the fault.

 Just as he was about to get into the car, a young man, armed with a gun, came around and ordered him to get back into the car or he would shoot him. After my husband had got into the car, he asked for the key, and I thought he was going to go away with the car.

Having collected the key, he ordered him to surrender all that he had on him and also turned to me that I should give him my handset. I told him I wasn’t having it with me (and that was true) so he ordered me to give him my handbag.

He advised that we sit quietly that if we made any funny move, he would shoot the children. He ransacked the handbag, took everything in it and returned it to me empty. He turned to my husband again and said oga, bring out everything that you have on you.

While it lasted, the mallam selling by the roadside, near where the car was packed, kept asking me whether there was any problem but I couldn’t say anything because of the gun he had pointed directly at my husband.

Not totally convinced that we were not having anything other than what he was able to collect from us, he began to search my husband. At that point, my husband dropped a tape recorder that was with him and when the man noticed it, he asked what that thing he dropped was.

 My husband explained that it was a recorder he normally used to record the messages of the man of God, our General Overseer, that we are members of the Watchman and we were going to church. I chipped in and said, please Sir, we are Watchmen and immediately I said that the Immirimious God took over.

 As if that was what he was waiting to hear, he said:  “Madam, take your money.”
During the encounter, I thought the end had come because we get to hear of similar incidents where the not so lucky ones were killed or maimed.

The man returned all that he took from us and regretted his action; blaming it on the bad economic situation which had pushed him to the wall. He asked us to go and my husband asked for the key which he threw at us after taking some steps backward.

I just want to thank God for this great deliverance, praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...