Thursday, March 3, 2011

HIV Flushed Out

“I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praises unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord” Psalms 40:1-3

PRAISE the Lord! My name is Nzeribe Justine. I used to attend one of the orthodox churches, but now, I worship at the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Okoko, Lagos. I have come to give thanks to God for His great mercy upon me.

I got married to my wife about six years ago and it never crossed my mind that she could be HIV-Positive until she started complaining of one sickness or the other. When her complaints became so regular, I took her to a hospital, and after asking us questions, the doctor decided to conduct a comprehensive test on her. At the end of the day, it was discovered that she had been infected with HIV.



My heart jumped into my mouth. I knew that I was in for the unexpected. The doctor explained some things to us by way of counseling, after which he prescribed some drugs. By this time she had emaciated so much and could hardly eat any food. I was greatly disturbed thereafter, so I arranged to take her to the village. Meanwhile, the doctor had advised that I should also go for HIV test.

After I had arrived from the village, I went for the test and the result as would be expected was positive. I was demoralized and it gave me sleepless nights.

After a while, I went to another hospital for another HIV test and again it was still positive; confirming the first result. Luckily, I was invited to the Watchman Fellowship Centre, Okoko (Lagos), and advised to see the pastor.

I came here one Wednesday and after telling the pastor my story, he prayed for me and asked me to go for another HIV test. He assured me that the result this time must be negative. In fact, he told me that if it turned out that I tested positive again, that I should stop coming to the church.

He made me believe firmly that the problem was over. I headed straight to the hospital after leaving the church for another HIV test and behold, the result was NEGATIVE!

 I couldn’t believe my eyes when I was given the result of the test. I expressed great joy that this cup of sorrow has been taken away from me, and that is why I have come out today to testify to the glory of God.

Praise the Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...