Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cigarette Addict Gloriously Saved

“It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness” Lamentations 3:22-23.

PRAISE the Lord! My name is Abbey Ebere and I worship here at the Okoko Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Lagos. I want to share with us the testimony of how God granted me salvation.

It happened that I was attending a certain church and enjoying the preaching there and all that but there was a habit that had held me captive which I could not free myself from. I was a terrible smoker and those who know me can bear witness to what I am saying.

 I could go on without food for days and yet not feel the pinch, but certainly not cigarettes. I was a chain smoker yet I was attending church services.




The first time I came to have fellowship at the Watchman here, the pastor said that one cannot be coming here and still continue with cigarette smoking and a sinful life.

 That statement was the last straw that broke the camel’s back. It was like a sword that was driven into my heart and it set me thinking so much that at the end of the day, I took a decision and was determined to drop the habit. Though it was difficult initially but God helped me and I was able to overcome the temptations to return to it.

In the past, sometimes in my dreams I would see myself smoking and when I wake up, I would smoke like never before.

 On many occasions I asked myself if I was going to continue in this way instead of finding a way out of it. But since I joined this church there has been a tremendous transformation in my life.

God has helped me to overcome the urge and I am so grateful to God for the great deliverance. I am a happy person now and free from the yoke of smoking. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...