Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Conversion Was So Dramatic, Says Liberian Student

“All that the Father giveth to me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.”John 6:37

PRAISE the Lord! I am Esther Dagor, a student of the University of Liberia and I worship at the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement Fellowship Centre in Monrovia, Liberia.

I was born into a non-Christian family, yet I did not understand the religion my family practiced. However, I had some friends who were Christians, and whenever they talked to me about Christianity, I also hardly could understand what they were talking about.


But somehow, I developed this urge to become a Christian and some time in January last year (2009), I fasted and prayed to ask God to direct me to which of the churches I should join to know more about Him.

I wrote down names of three churches excluding the Watchman. After breaking the fast for that day, I went into praying. The dream I had that night was very surprising to me, because in it, I saw Pastor Nehemiah Ekechukwu (the Watchman National Pastor in Liberia) taking me through the Scriptures.

 Meanwhile, the pastor was away in Nigeria then. When I woke up from the dream, I wondered how a Watchman pastor could be explaining some things from the Bible to me even though I did not include the Watchman in the list of the churches that I had prayed about.

I wasn’t convinced enough so I went down on my knees and began to pray and for the second time, I saw the pastor ministering to me again. I needed no persuasion any more, so I started attending the Watchman fellowship on a regular note.

When the pastor returned from his trip to Nigeria and saw me at the worship service, I guess he was surprised, so I went to him and narrated my experience to him. He prayed for me and encoura-ged me to hold on to the faith.       

I surrendered my life completely to Christ that same January last year during one of the Sunday Light services. I embraced Jesus Christ with all my heart and resolved to never look back despite persecutions that came from my parents.

My conversion was so dramatic that I needed no persuasion before I dropped all the sinful habits commonly associated with ladies of my age and became a new creature.

 Praise the Lord!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...