Monday, March 7, 2011

Couple Blessed With Children Despite Medical Verdict

“Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou has put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee forever.” – Psalm 30:11-12.

MY name is Michael Okeke and with me are members of my family. We worship here at the Okoko Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Lagos. We have come to appreciate the Almighty God who has been so good and faithful to us.

We got married in 2002 and because there was no conception after about a year, we decided to visit a hospital. We opted to see the medical director of the hospital and he recommended a laboratory test after asking us a number of questions.

 After undertaking a series of tests, I was given the result which was sealed, but out of curiosity, I opened it hoping to find out what it was all about but I couldn’t understand what was written there. I sealed it up again and took it to the doctor. I noticed that he shook his head continously while going through the result, and that was enough signal that all was not well, but I managed to keep calm.


Michael Okeke And His Family


He requested that we should go to the reception to wait for him, but as we stood up to go, he signaled to me to wait for a moment while my wife left. He told me in plain language that based on the scan result, it was not going to be possible for us to have a child. I was dumb-founded. For a while I became confused. When he eventually dismissed me and I stood up to go, I found out that my legs were wobbling.

However, I remembered one thing, namely, that with God all things were possible. My wife was curious to know what the doctor had told me, but I told her that there was no problem though my countenance betrayed the anxiety within me.

She kept pestering me to know what it was, so I called the pastor to make an appointment with him. When we met the pastor, I told him what the doctor said the scan results revealed; and after listening to me, he counseled that we should not rely on what anybody had said and assured us that God would do something.

We invited him to our house later and when he came, we were expecting him to conduct a lengthy prayer session for us but he only read from the book of Ecclesiastes and admonished us to live a peaceful and holy life that God will give us a miracle. After, he made a short prayer and left. I was not satisfied that that was all he could do despite the magnitude of the problem we had related to him.

 I was sort of disappointed. But to the glory of God, and our greatest surprise, just about a month after that short prayer, my wife told me that “something” had happened. Immediately, my mind flashed back to what the doctor had said and I wondered what to believe.

However, I watched with keen interest as the development unfolded and before long she began to wear maternity gown and at the ninth month, she delivered this beautiful girl we named Favour.

Having overcome that initial hurdle, we were expecting that the subsequent ones would come naturally but we were wrong. The next conception was also by miracle after about three year’s interval.

Some couple of years back, Church Workers had converged at the Watchman Fellowship Centre, Aguda,  for a meeting after which we were treated to some refreshments. When we returned home my wife told me she had run into our pastor in the course of the refreshments, and he offered her his share of the biscuits and asked her to eat it that it would be a source of testimony for her.

 She then brought out the biscuit and gave me a piece of it to eat. Brethren, it happened just like the  pastor had said. My wife took in that very month and was delivered of a baby boy (Joshua) at the appointed time.

Medical science had declared that we would not have a child let alone children but by the grace of God, I am now a father of two lovely children.

I hope people will learn from this testimony and come to terms with the fact that with God all things are possible to them that believe.

Praise the Lord!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...