Thursday, March 3, 2011

After Ten Years, A Baby Comes

“The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad”Psalm 126:3

MY name is Laz Igwe; I worship at the Ugwulangwu District of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Abakaliki Diocese. I am here to testify before you all, and to give glory to God, for making me a proud father today.

About a year after our marriage, and there was yet no sign of conception, a lot of things were said by several people. 

The second year also came and went, but still there was no sign. The third, fourth and fifth year also passed, and yet the story remained the same.




We earnestly yearned to carry our own baby. And so we prayed and prayed and believed that God, in His infinite mercy, will surely visit us. Though there were moments of anxieties, we did not allow them to distract us from our focus.

I became a laughing stock and a reference point among unbelievers who, because of their state of mind, were unable to appreciate why God had allowed the situation to linger. But in spite of what they were saying, my faith in God never dwindled; their comments rather spurred me on, and solidified my faith in the ability of God to do all things.

God saw my unwavering faith and sincerity, and blessed me in our tenth year of marriage. When my wife eventually took in, many were amazed. Some adopted “a let’s wait and see” posture until they became convinced that it was indeed real.

 By the grace of God she was delivered of a bouncing baby boy sometime in 2007 and today I am no longer an object of derisive laughter. God has turned my situation around and every other person is now singing a new song.

This goes to show that God is never unrighteous and that whatever He has promised, He is also able and willing to perform.

My joy is that God has not disappointed me and has proved a point with my family.

I want to use this medium to encourage as many as are looking for the fruit of the womb to continue to hope in God and believe that at the appropriate time, God will also visit them.

Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...