Monday, March 7, 2011

Marvelous Victory Over Death

O that men would praise the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men”. Psalm 107: 21.

MY name is Uchenna Onyekwelu and I worship at the Orile Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Lagos. I am here today to share with you the testimony of how God healed me of a complicated kidney problem.

After the December 2007 Retreat, I traveled to my village with members of my family where I tried to resolve some family matter. But while the meeting was on, I heard a voice within me informing me that I was the target the enemies were after. Immediately, I excused myself from the meeting and went into my room to pray.

 Later, in the middle of the night, I had a revelation in which I saw a skeleton moving round the compound. I confronted it with the Word of God and it was overpowered.




I set out to return to Lagos on January 8, but I noticed that some changes had occurred in my system and by the time the bus I boarded took off, I was shivering.

 I managed to hold myself. When I alighted from the vehicle in Lagos, I called a brother to inform him that I was back in Lagos and very sick. Later, he came and prayed for me.

The next morning, there was some relief, but towards the evening of that day, the sickness returned in full force, and from that time, I was unable to move myself again.

Later, after taking some drugs, I decided to walk around, but soon, I found out that I had become very weak, and so returned to the house. But before I could open the door, I lost consciousness. Suddenly, I heard a voice shouting my name and when I opened my eyes, I saw that I was on the floor.

 I was taken to the hospital where they said I had typhoid, malaria and bacteria in my kidney. It was difficult for the doctor to locate my veins because my body had changed considerably. I heard the doctor saying he was tired, but within me, I was saying that God was not tired. Suddenly, I received some strength and heaved a sigh of relief. They checked my BP and it was 100/70.

I spent two weeks in the hospital yet there was no improvement. I was growing weaker and weaker with each passing day and although I was given a pint of blood, my situation still remained the same. I could neither stand nor walk. I took some water one of the days and not long after I vomited some greenish substances I cannot really describe now.

At some point while the sickness lingered, I was taken to the Watchman Fellowship Centre, Aguda, Surulere, during one of the Empowerment Programmes to see the man of God, the General Overseer of this Movement, and after explaining my situation to him, he said to me, that if I would agree with him, that I would go to the hospital, but that I would not die there.

Then, I said to him that I agreed. He prayed for me, and from there I was taken to the Federal Medical Centre, Ebute-Metta. It took the doctors three days to diagnose the problem. They discovered that my kidneys were not functioning properly, my blood was dirty, and I was given two pints of blood.

I was thereafter referred to Ikeja for dialysis. I was taken there on three occasions and spent about four hours at the machine on each visit.

On the third day after I had returned from another session of dialysis at about 12.00 midnight, I had a dream in which a woman said that a youth sister from my parish will die but in actual sense, she was referring to me.

I had a ready answer to what she said. I began to quote the scripture which says,The eternal God is my refuge; and underneath are the everlasting arms: and He shall thrust out my enemy from before me and shall say, destroy them.” (Deut 33:27).

Thereafter, a great wind blew her away and from that moment, the hospital recorded eight deaths in the ward. Though I didn’t die, there was no improvement in my health. I lost appetite completely and if I managed to eat a little, I would vomit it.

 Despite all the medications and the dialysis, there was no improvement in my health condition. I had nightmares in which I saw myself visiting graveyards and seeing dead persons whose faces I could still recognize. In one of the dreams, I saw that I passed on in the fellowship one day, but I confessed immediately that it cannot happen to me.

One day, one of our pastors and a sister visited a consultant physician, and showed him the results of the tests conducted on me.

 After going through them, he advised that I should be taken to the village while I was still alive to save the cost of having to carry my corpse home, but when he saw their countenance, he went spiritual and began to say that God could heal me; but he still maintained that they should take me to the village.

On February 11, 2008, at about 2.00 am, some evil spirits came to attack me in the dream and I woke up suddenly and asked the brother who was with me to rise so we could pray. I began to sing and gradually the power of God came down upon me and I burst out speaking in tongues.

Before I knew what was happening, I began to prophesy, mentioning three or four kingdoms of darkness that had joined forces together against me; but I found myself saying that it was not possible to go to the stream to fetch water successfully with a basket. It is impossible because baskets cannot retain water.

Indeed, it is the will of God that I will live to fulfill my ministry. Brethren, after that encounter, I felt much better and I noticed that I was gradually regaining my strength.

Then something spectacular happened to me on February 22, 2008 while I was praying around 12.00 am. The Spirit of God spoke to me clearly, reminding me of the words of Jesus that, he that follows me shall not walk in darkness but shall have the light of lifeJohn 8:12.

He, therefore, assured me that I was not of the night but of the day and that I was not of the darkness but of the light, therefore, darkness shall not have dominion over me. I had another revelation where I saw myself carrying a very big coffin on my right shoulder and two people were encouraging me to continue moving saying that I must return the evil to the people who did it.

We came into a large compound and I dropped the coffin there and called on the people living there, and a woman and two other boys emerged from the house. I asked the woman about her husband but she told me that her husband had died some days earlier.

 I told her to carry the coffin that it was her husband that did the evil. I left the coffin there and walked away from the compound, and later I woke up.

The next day, I was discharged from the hospital, but I couldn’t still walk without being assisted. However, I started attending Fellowships on March 3rd based on the promise I made to God.

After the Easter Retreat of 2008, I was in the fellowship for the Charismatic Hour and as I was praying, I heard a voice saying: I have healed your two kidneys!

The voice was very clear and it echoed three times. After a month, I went back to the hospital for a check up and was told that everything was okay and that my organs were now functioning well. I can now do those things that I wasn’t able to do when I was ill. 

Praise the Lord!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...