Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How God Rescued My Father From Kidnappers

“Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways”Job 22:28.

OGECHI Onuoha is my name, and I am from Aguda Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Lagos. I want to testify how God delivered my father from the hands of kidnap-pers.

On Sunday, January 17, 2010, at about 7.30pm, some dare-devil men came to our house and forcefully whisked my father away. They had tricked my nephew into informing my father that some people were looking for him to deliver an ‘urgent’ message to him.


 My father came out without suspecting anything, to see who they were, but before we knew what was happening, they had held him and were shooting sporadically to scare people away.

I braved it and went after them demanding that they should leave my father alone. When they saw me running after them, they shot at my direction, but God delivered me, otherwise I would have been a dead person by now.

 I listened to wise counsel to stop going after them but before I retreated, I managed to tell them that if they caused any harm to my father that God would not forgive them. They took him away.

We wrote prayer requests and prayers were going up on his behalf. When I called our pastor here, he told me that the people came for the wrong person and that God would put them into confusion. He assured me that my father will regain his freedom without anyone paying a kobo.

They had dropped a phone number with which we could contact them and when they were contacted, they demanded a whopping sum of seventy million naira (N70m) to secure his release.

 My fear then was that my father who was hypertensive, had barely recovered from an attack of the ailment, and going through such an ordeal might affect his health negatively.

When I called our District Pastor here to inform him about the development, he told me not to panic that my father would be released without any delay, and that the kidnappers would not see seventy kobo let alone the seventy million naira ransom they were asking for.

My people started negotiating with them and they said we should provide forty million naira (N40m) before he could be released. The Watchman Fellowship in the village was also praying for God’s intervention.

 At a point, the kidnappers asked my father to speak with my elder brother on the phone and while they were talking, they took the phone from him and began to negotiate with my brother who pledged to give them a hundred thousand naira. They were so incensed by this offer that they threatened to kill my father.

Though it was a trying moment for us, I had absolute faith in God and believed the decree of my pastors.

Later, they threatened to cut off his legs but one of them was against it. His argument was that if they cut off his legs and the ransom money was eventually paid, how would he go? There was confusion and misunderstanding among them but in the midst of it all, they told my father that he would be released.

In answer to the prayers made for my father in the church, God sent soldier ants into their midst that Sunday night and wherever they ran to, they were pursued by the ants. My father said they called him a wizard when this happened, but he told them that he was a Watchman and therefore a sacred cow whose death was not necessary.

Well, to cut a long story short, on Monday night, my elder sister called to give me the good news that my father had been released but what baffled me was that he said that when his blood pressure shot up while he was still with the kidnappers, they bought drugs for him and took proper care of him.

 The only thing he said they did to him was that they covered his face which was only removed whenever he wanted to eat. At the end of the day, they asked him to go, that his God had saved him and even gave him money to transport himself back home.

So, he was set free, and according to the pronouncement and decree of the church, we did not pay a kobo as ransom.

Praise the Lord!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...