Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Man’s Sanity Gloriously Restored

“For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds…” Jeremiah 30: 17.

Recently, Okoko Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Lagos, organized a 3-day programme under the theme: Fire From Heaven (Reversing the Irreversible), on May 3-5, 2009.

 Among those who thronged the venue (Watchman  Fellowship Centre, Okoko) to seek the face of the Lord for divine intervention in their lives and circumstances was Waidi Akolade who for over five years had lost his sanity.

 His appearance at the venue caused a little stir and some people initially wanted to bar him from entering, because of the state he was in. But determined to have his way, he stood calmly and refused to leave.


Waidi With His Mother After His Healing


Eventually, he was allowed to enter, but a close watch was kept on him. He sat down somewhere and was very calm like every other person. By the time the programme ended that evening, Waidi’s life had been touched by the power of God, and he had regained his sanity.

He has since then been attending fellowship at the parish like every other person, and in full control of his senses. And just the other day, his happy mother was at the Watchman Fellowship Centre, Okoko, to give God glory for what He has done for her son, and the joy He has restored in their family by that miracle:

PRAISE the Lord! My name is Suwebatu but best known as Iya Ibeji and beside me here is Waidi Akolade, my son. I recall that about five years ago, we lost his father and so went home to Ilorin, Kwara State, for the burial ceremony.




Waidi Before His Deliverance


Few weeks after the ceremony, he complained of some uneasiness; he was quite unable to explain what exactly was wrong with him. Before long, he started behaving very strangely. I took him away from his father’s house to my mother’s place so we could arrange for his treatment but soon after, I was also afflicted with a strange disease.

The whole thing came upon us suddenly. I was paralyzed and could hardly do anything for myself again let alone being able to attend to my son’s welfare.


It was a complicated situation, and                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    quite confusing; but one thing was sure: it was the enemy that had done this. My son soon became so violent that he could not be accommodated in the house anymore; so he was bound hands and feet and carried to a native doctor for treatment, but he escaped from there and only God knew how he got to Lagos.

Some of our people who knew him brought information that he had been seen in Lagos and spoke about his terrible condition, yet I could not at that time do anything because I was still battling between life and death.

There was no help from anywhere and so he was left to his fate. Over the years, he had wandered away in that state of mind, but I thank God that today God has intervened in his case through the prayer of the pastor here.



Reclaimed: Waidi After His Miracle


After I had recovered from the attack that had come upon me, I decided to trace him to Lagos, and I arrived four days ago, so I could take him to a native doctor who had agreed to treat him for the sum of thirty thousand naira. He had become very popular around Okoko here and so it was not a difficult task locating him.

But when I saw him in his right frame of mind, I was surprised. He could recognize me and when I told him my mission, he said he would rather take me to the church where he received his healing.

He led the way to this place (Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Okoko Parish) and so I have come to thank God and to appreciate Him for this miracle in the life of my son.

Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...