Thursday, March 3, 2011

Miraculous Escape From Burning Vehicles

“My help cometh from the Lord, who made heaven and earth” Psalm 121:2

DEAR brothers and sisters, praise the Living God! My name is Emmanuel Chukwuemeka and I worship at Nyanyan Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Abuja. What prompted me to come out to share this testimony happened on December 22 last year (2008).

I was traveling to the East to get some goods. On getting to Agbor (Delta State), the vehicle in which I was traveling had cause to pull up by the side of the road. There were other vehicles including a tanker that were parked at the same place.

Meanwhile, an on-coming tanker approached, but only God knew what happened; all that we saw was that the tanker had run into the stationary one and both fell sideways.



Now, there was fuel in both tankers, it spilled freely on the road and before one could do anything, there was fire everywhere.

There was no escape route because it happened suddenly and we were caught in the midst of the inferno. Where I was seated in the vehicle, the fire had engulfed us and every other person was shouting and panicking.

I saw death coming and asked myself if that was how my life was going to end? There was a little boy who sat by one of the windows; I shoved him aside and with all the strength in me, forced the window open and managed to come out from there.

I looked at myself and began to thank God for providing the escape route. I turned to the small boy and brought him out too. By this time I saw some ladies lying helplessly, unable to escape.

 Some other people who had managed to come out headed for the bush and were rolling on the ground in order to put off the fire that had engulfed their bodies.

The intensity of the fire was alarming but by God’s grace, I was able to help some other people come out of the vehicle.

Some okada riders and passersby who were not so lucky were caught in the inferno and at the end of the day, it was discovered that about sixty eight persons had lost their lives while many others sustained various degrees of burns and were rushed to the hospital.

I want to thank God for this great deliverance. Brethren, one needs to witness the extent of the fire that engulfed us to appreciate the magnitude of the miracle God did to save my life.

Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...