Thursday, March 10, 2011

Kidney Problem Rolled Away

“Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all”.Psalm 34:19.

PRAISE the Lord! My name is Chika Ekeh and I worship at Orile/Coker Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Lagos. I am here today to share the testimony of how God healed me of kidney problem.

On Tuesday, March 16, this year (2010), I began to vomit and it persisted till the next day.

By Thursday, I was rushed to a hospital and after some examinations, the doctor advised my husband to take me to Ikeja General Hospital. At Ikeja, they said that there was no vacant bed for me to lie on, so I was referred to Gbagada General Hospital.

After the doctors at Gbagada had examined me and conducted series of tests, they diagnosed that I had kidney malfunction. They took me to the renal ward after they had prescribed some drugs and drips for me. Further medical tests were still carried out.



One of the doctors recommended that I should be referred to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital since the dialysis machine they had was not functioning well. My husband broke down in tears and pleaded with them to see what they could do to help me.

Touched by my husband’s display of emotion, one of the doctors said he would take up my case and so listed some items for my husband to buy.

During the period I was on admission at the hospital, prayers were being offered on my behalf for God’s intervention. The prayer warriors from Orile/Coker Parish came to the hospital to offer prayers and encouraged me with the word of God. Other patients were not left out; they were also prayed for.

At about 11.00pm that day, I recited Psalm 23 seven times and prayed that God should see me through in the wilderness experience I had just commenced.

In my dream that night, I heard a group of people singing one of our popular choruses: I can see the finger of God, rewriting my story. I did not see them but I joined them in the song. At a point, I began to pray and I saw myself being carried in a helicopter and my head touched the cloud.

A force then turned me upside down and lifted me up again after a while. I was asked to look in front of me and as I did, I saw a brighter daylight. I was brought down and a cap was placed on my head after which they asked me to go.

As I made to go, a whirlwind came towards me and as I escaped from it, I woke up from sleep and found my heart panting. Some minutes later, I was pressed and had to use the toilet, but to my surprise, I could pass out urine without the tube.

 The following Monday, the doctor came for a routine check and when he had examined me and found out that all the abnormalities had been corrected, he instructed that the drips be removed from my body.

I overheard the nurses congratulating my husband and by the grace of God, I was discharged from the hospital the following Wednesday.

Praise the Lord!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...