Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Water Spirit, Diabetes Sacked

“The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous runneth into it, and is safe”  Proverbs 18:10

PRAISE the Lord! I want to give the testimony of how God healed me of diabetes and delivered me from the water spirit. My name is Callister Ekechukwu and I worship at Iba Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Lagos.

I will start by sharing with you what my mother told me about the circumstances surrounding my birth. My mother was an ardent worshiper of water spirits, although she has since repented. She is now a Christian in one of the Bible-believing churches.

 She told me that when I was a baby, there was this python that used to visit me each time she left me alone on the bed to attend to some matters.



 She said that the python was harmless, and that even when people came to visit and met it there, it would not attack them.

   As I was growing up, it continued to d   isturb me. My mother then contacted one of their members, and they took me to a river at about 12 midnight. There, a note was written that I would serve the spirit of the river when I got married. And because of that commitment, the water spirit would no longer disturb my peace till I am mature enough to get married and then serve it.

My mother bought a hen which was offered as my replacement; and, according to them, as the fowl would be hatching, so would I be having children. After the rituals, the fowl was let loose and it ran into the river and was drowned.

The written agreement stipulated that if after I got married and had four or five children and refused to serve the water spirit, that I would die. I ignorantly agreed with them. The paper was also thrown into the river and like the fowl, it went down the river and vanished.

   We left the riverside and came back home. I was living a normal life, though from time to time, the commitment I had made would ring in my ears. When I got married, the water spirit began to pay me a visit each time I took in. In the course of the pregnancy, she would come to me while I slept and give me an injection. And when I woke up, I would still feel it at the spot she gave the injection.

That had been the pattern. Each time I took in, she would come and give me the injection. When I became pregnant with my fifth child, and she didn't appear as usual, I was worried. At a point I told my husband about it, and he merely made a joke of it. When the spirit eventually visited, I asked her why she kept so long this time around, and she told me that she was aware that the time of my delivery was near.

She then gave me the injection but I noticed that while she was going out this time, she left with her back to the door. She told me to prepare, and bid me bye-bye.  Some days after her visit, I gave birth to my fifth child. When my mother came, I told her that the spirit that usually visited to give me an injection each time I was pregnant did not come on time this time around, but she kept quiet.

 I left her and went into the kitchen, but I overhead her lamenting and saying: 'Is this how this girl is going to leave her children and go away.' When I asked her why she was talking to herself, she denied it, and I kept quiet.
   One day, my sister visited from Owerri and while we were discussing, she asked me whether I was aware of the covenant I had with the spirit of the river and I said yes.

She asked me again whether I was aware that the time was near and I said I knew. She now asked me what I was going to do, since I knew the implication. I replied that I did not know. She asked me if I was prepared to die and leave my children here to suffer. She reminded me that she was not yet married at that time and was not prepared to take up any responsibility of training my children at her age.

    I asked her what she thought was the solution to the problem and she said that I should give my life to Christ. She began to preach to me and told me about salvation and how Christ loved me and laid His life down for me and all that. In fact, she led me to Christ, and I thought that since I had given my life to Christ, that the woman would leave me alone. I took in again and after I was delivered of the baby, I developed some sicknesses. Diabetes does not run in our family.

 It happened that I was constantly sick, and when I went to the hospital, they tested the sugar level in my blood and it was between 300 and 400. All the drugs they prescribed for me did not have any effect. I was asked to stay away from certain food items. I kept all these to myself wondering who to disclose and share my problems with. I resigned myself to fate, having assured myself that I was ready for whatever might happen.

   To cut the testimony short, I collapsed one of the days and by then, I had started coming to the Watchman. My husband called on our pastor here who came and prayed extensively for me and I regained consciousness.  On another day, our pastor called me and told me that what was happening to me was not ordinary and as if that was the moment I was waiting for, I opened up to him and told him everything about me.

 He then conducted a deliverance session for me, ordering the spirits to leave me alone. I thank God that I am still alive today. The doctors at the hospitals that I visited had written me off; they saw me as a walking corpse. One of the lab attendants, where I last went to have my blood sugar level tested sympathized with me because he was not able to draw blood from my body for the test.

He had to slap some parts of my body several times to do that, and what he was eventually able to draw out was thick and very dark. I believe he is a Christian because he prayed for me and decreed that I would not die. I told him I would not die since I knew whom I believed in. He replied and said that he liked my faith.

   I belong to the sanitation group in the church here, and each time I cleaned the toilets, I always prayed that just as I was cleaning those places, so was God cleaning all the problems and the water spirits out of me. One day, as we came here for fellowship, our pastor called me out and asked me to hold the pulpit while he prayed for me. He declared that I would not die. In fact, he gave me a name that day. He called me Anwuanwu, (die-hard).

For over seven years, I had been on drugs and injections some of which I was administering to myself because it had to be given at regular intervals; but since that day (March 15, 2010) that our pastor conducted deliverance on me, I have not used the drugs or the injections again. That is the gospel truth.

I have since forgotten everything about diabetes and the water spirit since they are all in the past now. I am completely delivered and healed now, praise the Lord!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...