Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Diabetes Sacked

“The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth” Isaiah38:19.

MY name is Cyril Obinugwu from Iba Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Lagos. I want to share the testimony of God's faithfulness in my life.

 Sometime in 2008, I took ill and went to the hospital where they said I had malaria and all that. It was not until I told the doctor that I had noticed that my throat was always dry, causing me to want to drink water too often, and pass urine frequently, that he recommended that my blood sugar level should be determined through a medical test.

When the result came out, it showed that my sugar level was 457, and the doctor pronounced that I was diabetic.



To be sure I heard him correctly; I asked him to repeat what he had just said and he said it again that I was diabetic. He then added that I was even lucky to have reported at the hospital on time, otherwise I would have experienced what he called diabetic coma.

   The pronouncement sort of put me off, but I managed to assure the doctor that I would certainly get my healing. He gave me some drugs after which I left and began to take those drugs. He recommended that I should be eating boiled unripe plantain and beans.

It was not a pleasant experience, but I was encouraged when I remembered a testimony shared by the man of God, our General Superintendent, during one of the IGMC programmes in the Eastern part of the country. He had told us about a minister of God in one of the foreign countries who was sick and was written off by doctors who were of the opinion that he would not survive the sickness.

But the man told the doctors that he would register and participate in a marathon that was holding in his country that period. Although, the doctors warned him of the consequences of such course of action, he was determined to participate in the race. 

According to our GS, the minister in question took his Bible and copied out from Genesis to Revelation all the promises of God concerning healing. These, he read unto the Lord continually during his prayers until all the problems he had were removed by the hand of the Lord. And then, he went on to participate in the marathon and eventually presented his certificate of participation to his doctor to prove that God had healed him and enabled him to do the long race.

   So, because of this testimony, I also went and copied out some of the promises of God on healing and blessings of healing in the lives of many people in the Bible and used them as my prayer arguments unto the Lord. One of the days, I came to see our pastor here and told him my problem, and he prayed for me and I left.

And during one of our Charismatic Hour fellowships not long ago  we all were here (at Iba Fellowship) that day and witnessed what happened; the Spirit of God was really operational that day, and He made the pastor to spot my case and he called me out. The pastor said that the Spirit of God had moved him to call me out, although he did not know why.

 As he was still speaking, he then said that he had a spiritual syringe in his hand to remove all the filthy blood from my body. While this was going on, the power God had touched me, and I had fallen and lying on the floor.

   Again, on January 15, last year (2009), the Lord told me expressly in my sleep that I was His servant and that He will not disappoint me. After the Charismatic Hour fellowship of that day, I left and brethren, all those food items which the doctors had told me not to eat, I began to eat them.

 Not long after that, I went to check my blood sugar level again and it was still high. I did not allow that result to disturb me because I was sure that God was in full control.

 Then came another Charismatic Hour day and our pastor while ministering declared that all the people in the church who had been placed on special diets should discard them and start eating whatever they had not been eating. I threw away my drugs and began to eat whatever food that appealed to me.

 Some months later, I went to check my blood sugar level and behold, it had come down to 95. I went again after about two month's interval and it was still 95.

The Lord is so great and I can assure you that there is no trace of diabetes in me any longer, praise the Lord!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...