Friday, September 2, 2011

Couple Blessed With Child After Seven Years

“Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing; Thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praise to Thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto Thee forever” Psalm 30:10-11.

MY name is Martins Ross Imienwanrin and my wife's name is Bunmi Ross. We worship at Ilaro Parish of the Watchman Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement, Ogun State. We wish to testify to God's goodness and favour unto our family.

    We got married in 2003 and were anxiously expecting that God would bless us with the fruit of the womb immediately. When our expectations were not met after the first year, we decided to see our family doctor. The doctor suggested some laboratory tests and the result showed that my wife's womb was blocked; that had been the reason she had not been able to take in.

The doctor said the way forward was for her to undergo surgery to correct the anomaly.  We rejected the idea of going through any surgical operation so we went to God in prayers for His divine intervention. We informed some of our pastors of the situation on ground and they prayed for us, assuring us of their continued prayers on our behalf.

A year later, we went to see another doctor and did another test, and it was still the same result that we got. I was advised to also go for a test myself and when I did, the result revealed that my seed was too weak to father a child.

But all these put together, did not move me neither did my faith in God diminish, because God had revealed to me that my wife would carry her own baby and that was what I held on to.

We also held on to the promises of God in the scriptures as we fasted and prayed unto the Almighty God. Several pastors who were aware of our case were equally interceding on our behalf, so I was sure that at the appropriate time, God would answer our prayers.

   We had serious pressures from a close relative to offer sacrifices to a strange god but we said emphatically that we were not given to such things, stressing that the God we served would give us children. This refusal brought us severe persecution and strained relationship.

When we discussed the development with our pastor, he encouraged us to keep on praying and not lose sight of the fact that the enemy was manipulating the situation to shift our focus away from the reality of the fact that God could do all things; he encouraged us to continue to trust God only.

   I also encouraged my wife to believe God for His best for us. After sometime, a doctor advised us to go for another test which we did and to the glory of God, the result showed that there were no more blockages in her womb.

This development propelled us and we intensified our prayers, believing that He had started the visitation already. To cap it all, late last year, my wife missed her period. We were overwhelmed with anxiety so we went to see our doctor who suggested she should go for pregnancy test and the result proved that she was indeed pregnant.

The joy that filled our hearts was unprecedented but we kept our fingers crossed, calmly observing the development.

   The doctor, who handled her ante natal care, was very friendly and through out that period until she put to bed, he took proper care of her, and so there was no cause for alarm. However, as  the delivery day drew near, the enemy came with threats of death but God overruled them and today, we have a bouncing baby girl who we named Deborah, born into the family.

To show that she is a baby of perfection, she was born in the seventh year of our marriage, in the seventh month of the year (2010 and on the twenty first day of the month (7x3); and seven is a number that signifies perfection. To be precise, she was born on Wednesday, July 21, 2010.

   The joy that accompanied her birth among family members, friends and well wishers was without limit as people thronged our house to jubilate with us. We give glory to the Almighty God for blessing us with this baby.

Although medical science had said it was impossible, the Immirimious God of the Watchman has proved them wrong, praise the Lord!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...